So in a way the surprise is that it took him this long to win again. And doing it all with such class and grace. Josh Sens, senior writer (@JoshSens): After the big win at Augusta, when he finally got the best-player-to-never monkey off his back, a lot of us expected a lot more of this from Sergio. And I know that a lot of families have lost a lot more people, but you never want to lose anyone like that, and I wanted to win this for them.". That alters the entire complexion of the event. How these great young golfers take to an old-timey course. Shipnuck: Seconded. Dethier: Memorial Park. Her win this week sent a jolt through the golf world. Harmeling’s sartorial strategizing paid off: On Sunday he beat Kevin Dougherty in a playoff. Bamberger: Does he mean this literally? I’ve still got it. I’m excited to see how it plays, first off, and then to see how the community responds to a new gem of a city track. I think Shivas may have, too. (Why mess with a good thing, right?) Garcia now has won at least once worldwide in each of his last 10 years, a streak he shares with Justin Rose. Updated 1105 GMT (1905 HKT) October 5, 2020. You’re guaranteed to keep it smooth. But look out for Mel Reid! Sean Zak, senior editor (@sean_zak): Anytime you can re-prove to yourself that you’re one of the best in the world, it’s significant for confidence, alone. This site and all its content are representative of The Augusta Chronicle's Masters® Tournament coverage and information. Funny game, right? Tour Confidential: Will the fan-free Masters impact the TV-viewing experience. Zak: with that in mind, I am excited to see if certain speed slots are still in play. Though Port Royal is really fun and funky and the views are amazing. As the playability, cooler temperatures and thicker grass strains means the course should play significantly longer, which is welcome news. Dethier: When we saw the first set of photos a few days back, my first thought was, “When is this going to green out?” and, well, it didn’t take long to get an answer. The five remaining events before the Masters will be conducted at an eclectic mix of courses, including two rookie sites: Shriners (TPC Summerlin), CJ Cup (Shadow Creek), Zozo (Sherwood), Bermuda Championship (Port Royal), Houston Open (Memorial Park). Sergio! Tour Confidential: Is Dustin Johnson the runaway Player of the Year? Sergio Garcia putting the finishing touch on his win at the Sanderson Farms Championship. Tour Confidential: DeChambeau's breakthrough major title, what it means and what's next. The pursuit is too fun to watch. An all-timer. Garcia holds the Sanderson Farms Championship trophy after winning the PGA Tour tournament. Tour Confidential: Did golf just crown the most improbable major winner ever? Garcia is in the midst of a prolonged slump, with just one top-10 finish since February and he had missed three of his last four cuts. “I would love to putt with my eyes open,” said Garcia, who added he’s been employing this method for three years, including during his Masters win, “but I feel like my stroke is more consistent when I kind of try to forget about it and just kind of feel it.” (The practice worked in Mississippi, where Garcia picked up 1.79 shots on the field in SG: Putting, which was 28th best in the field.) pic.twitter.com/B58zvPs3Pj. As for superstitions? Aerial photography of Augusta National captured and shared by pilot David Dobbins this weekend revealed that the course has made a remarkable transformation in just the last week, morphing from a layout with brown turf and sandless bunkers to one that seemingly looks ready to welcome the Masters next month. Won’t even get started on asking for a victory. ", Brendan Lawlor: Irish trailblazer paves the way for disability golfers, Jon Rahm searches for 'magic formula' to win debut major, Justin Thomas: 'Playing without fans is the hardest part', Why BLM is important to golfer Kirk Triplett, Bryson DeChambeau's unique approach to the game of golf, Stewart Cink celebrates PGA Tour victory with his family, Meet the two-time world champion responsible for some of the longest drives in the history of golf, European Captain discusses Ryder Cup postponement and evolution of the game, How I did a custom club fitting in pursuit of extra driving distance, PGA Tour 'expects to generate over $100m' towards racial and social injustice causes over next 10 years, Sophia Popov on 2020 Women's British Open win, Golfer Brendon Todd talks about incredible comeback, Zach Johnson honored to receive Payne Stewart award, Morikawa reflects on PGA Championship triumph, READ: 'One in a million' golfer Brendan Lawlor blazing a trail for others to follow, Visit CNN.com/sport for more news, features, and videos. Garcia turned heads this week by putting with his eyes closed. Sergio Garcia hadn't had a win on the PGA Tour since the 2017 Masters. The Augusta Chronicle © 2020. Craig Jones/Getty Images. One last putt with his eyes closed ... the winning putt. Look, Sergio is no stranger to the winner’s circle — he’s got a worldwide win in each of the last 10 years, tied with Justin Rose for longest in the world — but winning on the PGA Tour in this fashion was a heck of a statement. Check in every week for the unfiltered opinions of our writers and editors as they break down the hottest topics in the sport, and join the conversation by tweeting us @golf_com. Which of those Masters warm-ups are you most intrigued by, and why? Even if golfers don’t incorporate it on the course, it’s a great exercise for the putting green just to find the feel of a worry-free stroke. Garcia, who is seeking his first win on the PGA Tour since the 2017 Masters, improved to 14-under 202 and enters the final round tied with Cameron Davis and J.T. Augusta.com is an online publication of The Augusta Chronicle and is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the Masters or the Augusta National Golf Club. She has been ascending again, if ever so slowly. Should still provide interesting comparisons. But completely different. Maybe. List of qualifications for a Masters Tournament Invitation. "I would love to putt with my eyes open, but I feel like my stroke is more consistent when I kind of try to forget about it and just kind of feel it," he, "Sometimes I feel like I have it under control and I'm like: 'Well let's go back to like I practice normal' and it feels good. Poston. Among 50 leaders on the Final Official World Golf Ranking for 2019. Browse golf shoes, polos, pants and shorts. Three and a half years after his Masters victory, Sergio Garcia is a PGA Tour winner again, stuffing his approach on the 72nd hole of the Sanderson … Different zoom and angles, but the same content. A great fall from the mountaintop, and now clambering back up from the abyss. I have no idea what that means or why he says it. It can be great, and I think it will be. Follow Sergio Garcia at Augusta.com for up to the minute scores, highlights and player information at the 2020 Masters On the 16th hole, Garcia's drive stopped against the root of a large … Should more players — both pros and hackers alike — give eyes-shut putting a whirl? Can she win her first major championship and grab that top spot? Age: 40 The third LPGA major of the year, the KPMG Women’s PGA, kicks off this week at Aronomink, outside Philadelphia. Michael Bamberger, senior writer: I would say this win for Sergio means to him what Phil’s win at Pebble last year means to him. It is part of a technique change the Spaniard has adopted to try to improve his putting. How can you not be drawn to Ko? Dylan Dethier, senior writer (@dylan_dethier): It means a ton. Get that ball in the hole. To my mind, she’s the easiest player to root for in the game. Do whatever you’ve gotta do, mate. What storyline are you most excited to see play out? Alan Shipnuck, senior writer (@alanshipnuck): It’s great to have him back in the conversation. But any differences in  the conditions will be microscopic compared to the biggest change.

Z Test Formula Hypothesis Testing, Scorched Earth Policy Russia Ww2, Nicky Barnes Netflix The Council, Lex Diamond Watch, Terry's Wheelchair, Why Did Con Edison Stock Drop, Joel Meaning In Telugu, Social Work Intervention Examples, Superhero Comedy Movies On Netflix, Date In Cairo, Mandalorian Isn T Very Good, Oscar The Grouch Spaghetti Ice Cream, How To Get The Draconyx Gear In Prodigy 2020, Huadian Tattoo, Animal Awareness Month, Barton Fitzpatrick, Email Validation, Math Worksheets Grade 4, Mudbound Vera, Jira Service Desk Vs Freshdesk, Social Contract Theory, Schema Structured Data Types, Bge Planned Power Outages, Start-up (south Korean Tv Series), Ed Bernard T Rowe Price, Sushi Kuchi Menu Mission Valley, East Roll, Salt Lake Citythings To Do, Parallax Angle Definition, Outdoor Dining East Brunswick, Nj, Steven Wright Wife, State Grill And Bar Dress Code, Hesta Super Reviews, How To Pronounce Sardar, Was Susan Oliver Ever Married, Frank Mchugh Eye Color, Use Of Leishman Stain, Jesse Collins Wikipedia, Minotaur Meaning In Tamil, Amp Dynamic Email, $99 Move In Specials In College Park, Ga, Big Boi Washer, Ohm Vape, Mistah Fab Sumalumah, Marshall Jvm215c User Manual, Admission Adverb, Price Of Silver Per Pound, Red Lobster Gift Card For Sale, Armenia Georgia, Trettmann Stolpersteine, Guy Henry Net Worth, Tomo Meaning Urban Dictionary, Jeremih Late Nights: Europe, Momonoki Meaning, Spire Global Boulder, Liberty Centurion D23 Safe, Tiger Woods Helicopter, What Happens During Hanukkah, Uw Journal Access, Scp Princess, Orange Rockerverb 100 Mk11, Manipur Chandel District Map, Sushi Boat Temecula Menu, Virginia Vallejo Images, Uptime Status Page, Green Green (visual Novel), Nightmare Castle Review, Nelson Bc Weather Hourly, Best Italian Restaurants Toronto, Yoga Chanting Music, Orange And Rockland Coronavirus, Stanley Biometric Safe Manual, What Does Todd Tucker Do, Resistivity Of Nichrome, Ds2 Weapons, Holden Car, Google Data Tool, Versace Owner, Jack Bannon Height, Watch Ferne Mccann: First Time Mum, The Camerons (tv Series 1979), Sing Ash Lance, Oodles Of Noodles Restaurant, David Jason First Wife, Walking In The Rain With The One I Love Instrumental, East Ocean Palace Forest Hills, Linda Nuno Trevino,