The Swiss brand has integrated a Mahle pedal-assist motor to the carbon-fibre frame of the Addict RC, thereby creating the new eRide variant. It is designed to fit the needs of our UCI World Tour team Mitchelton-SCOTT and ambitious everyday riders alike. Thanks! On one of my test rides I took in a steep climb that I’d normally avoid. Size tested: 54cm The new Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 groupset gives exceptional shifting performance, letting you make the most of the frame. Saddle: Syncros RR1.0 carbon Scott has revealed the new battery-assisted Addict eRide. You can unsubscribe at any time. Previous versions of the ebikemotion system have impressed us, the only caveat is that to get the best out of the system when riding you really need to have it connected to the very clever accompanying app – which means mounting a phone on your bars, not exactly the race look that Scott is going for with the Addict eRIDE. Click here to find out more about the Scott range! The preferred ride of the Yates twins, the Scott Addict RC is the Swiss brand’s climbing bike.
Scott bikes are designed for all purposes, and the brand is one that you can trust. Find a store Blog.

As for range, the X35’s 252W/h internal battery has around 80km available, but you can piggyback a second bottle cage battery with a 208Wh capacity for 460W/h that extends the range to a claimed 120km. Don’t expect this or any other e-road bike for that matter to take over and propel you up double digit ascents perspiration free, but the Addict eRIDE excels when you are putting in the effort too. Our eRIDE test bike in a 58cm has a 613.6mm stack and 388.6mm reach, while an Addict RC in the same size has 588mm of stack and a 400mm reach. If it’s an endurance bike, I would probably dispense with the integrated cockpit in favor of more adjustability. Seatpost: Syncros RR1.5 carbon, 27.2mm The Scott Addict RC is impressively light and responsive: you can fly up hills on it and feel confident pushing it on the descents. The high-end all-around market is certainly flooded with bikes that turn quickly with the slightest input on the controls. Bars, stem and seatpost are carbon too and come from Scott’s Syncros brand, while the minimally padded saddle also sits on a carbon shell. Please refresh the page and try again. The synchronised or semi-synchronised shift options are also an advantage as the road heads up: shift to the small ring and the rear mech automatically shifts up the cassette to ensure that you’re not spinning too low a gear and can keep your momentum. The X35 is a rear hub motor and the 252W/h slimline battery is enclosed within the down tube, with the power controlled by a bottom bracket cadence sensor. The fork is a skinny tapered 1 ¼ to 1 1/8 inch, while Scott says that the down tube-bottom bracket junction is the widest of any road bike available. Scott’s new Addict eRIDE electric bike is claimed to be the lightest assisted bike available at just 10.75kg. Shop online at SA's best bicycle shop! But in any case you’ll be wanting to search for out-of-the-saddle climbs on the Scott Addict RC to test your climbing mettle. That’s when he’s not travelling the world to test the latest kit, components and bikes. The frameset has generous tyre clearances (32mm) and the eRIDE comes equipped with 30c tubeless tyres to counter the added weight of the ebike system to provide a ride quality equal to the non-powered machine. Create a personalized feed and bookmark your favorites. Join Active Pass to get VeloNews magazine, access to exclusive content, 1,000s of training plans & more. Or, simply browse our selection and see what we have to offer cyclists in South Africa. You've been subscribed to our newsletter. You also get full-carbon dropouts with a replaceable mech hanger should this get damaged. The Addict RC Pro does a lot of things well, which means it will accommodate a lot of different types of riders. The cover that slides over the stem once you’ve got it straightened and adjusted feels chintzy, like it might fall off at any moment. Approaching two decades of testing bikes, Warren can be found on a daily basis riding and exploring the road and off roads of Wiltshire’s Salisbury Plain in the UK. It certainly doesn’t look like it belongs on a high-end bike. It’s a great option that creates equality between riders of differing ability (as my ride with Nick proved) and if you are coming to or at the age where your performance can’t quite hit the high marks of your youth, then bikes as good as the eRIDE will extend your big-ride life. In 2019 the  Addict had already started showing signs of a redesign, with aero tube shapes starting to creep in and wider wheels and tires coming as standard equipment. Buy this exquisite six-piece set now and you’ll receive a FREE frying pan worth £55! I’ve tested a few ebikemotion bikes before and been impressed, but here it’s by far the most impressive execution of the system I’ve tried to date. If you want to trade in, or trade up, we offer this option too, and we stock a range of pre-used Scott bicycles that are in excellent condition. I haven’t fully put that to the test yet, but managed to fit in a 103km/64 mile ride with 1,989m/6,525ft of ascent that ended with the battery indication on red (below 25 per cent) and the app stating a remaining range of 27km, so I don’t doubt Scott’s claims – with the caveat that ebike range has a lot to do with how you ride, the terrain ridden, as well as rider weight, weather conditions and much more, too. If you’ll be navigating tight pelotons and descending sharp switchbacks at high speeds, the Addict probably won’t be your tool of choice. Wheels: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 carbon-alloy clincher, 24mm section I actually found it to be rather confidence-inspiring on climbs, in fact, when I was out of the saddle and forward over the bars.

Recharging both battery and bike took just over three hours – Bosch Performance Line motors by comparison take 5 to 6.5 hours depending on battery size, while a Fazua with a single battery takes 3 to 4 hours. The dimensions of the bike follow the Addict RC, and it’s surprising to see down tube looking the same as the non-ebike version while hiding a 250w battery inside! Bike Addict offers something that will fit every budget, and many of our models also come with free delivery. The big tires did contribute to a sluggish steering feel, though (more on that in a moment), so I would likely swap out the tires for something a touch narrower if I was going to be spending all of my time strictly on pavement. So it’s not just the Premium model that has an impressively low overall weight, with Scott claiming 11.6kg for the Ultegra Di2 equipped eRIDE 10 and women’s-specific Contessa, while the Ultegra/105 mechanical bike weighs a claimed 12kg (all 56cm). By entering your details, you are agreeing to BikeRadar terms and conditions. Scott’s frame feels really efficient and there’s not a hint of flex in the drivetrain or wheels. I’d safely say, however, to expect a range in excess of 100km for most riders. For over 60 years Scott has been a brand that cyclists and sportsmen the world over can trust. Scott has kitted out the Addict RC with a dream specification, starting off with Shimano’s new Dura-Ace Di2 R9150 groupset. You can also pair the bike with a heart rate monitor and set heart-rate based assistance. The Addict eRIDE feels just like an Addict; the slickly fully integrated design and deep 40mm carbon aero wheels (the standard Addict gets smaller depth 35mm rims) cut through the air making it easy to hold pace with those around you. Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors. The Addict eRIDE Premium uses a Syncros Creston IC SL one-piece bar and stem to route all the cables through the bar and down into the Scott’s offset steerer head tube, which channels all of the cables down through the front of the head tube.

Even if you don’t fit into the intended target market for this bike I’d still recommend either trying one at a demo day or better still renting one out for a rapid recovery ride at a training camp, or just to put as big a smile on your face as it does mine – I got to experience what it would be like to be a 25-year-old 65kg pro-tour climber rather than a 90kg six-foot-two 40-something when the road starts to rise. Already have an account with us? Approaching two decades of testing bikes, Warren can be found on a daily basis riding and exploring the road and off roads of Wiltshire’s Salisbury Plain in the UK. This means we’ve got your kids covered and we’ve got you covered, and whether you are a casual cyclist or someone who takes cycling very seriously, there’s a Scott bike for sale that will work for you. A Syncros Creston cockpit allows for wonderfully stealthy cable integration, giving Addict eRide owners the elegance of a bike which ports all its cabling internally – even if you are running mechanical shifters. All rights reserved. Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 Whether you are looking for mountain bikes for sale or want something on road or for urban use, there is a Scott bicycle for you. De Scott Addict is licht, stijf en snel: Misschien wel dé racefiets die je altijd bij je wilt hebben. If it’s an all-around or climber bike, I would have preferred slightly more responsive steering. We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices. The new Addict RC is the new benchmark road bike when it comes to racing. It’s the same frame as used by the Orica-Scott team on climbing days and couples a wide down tube and bottom bracket with a more slender seat tube.
Graded to provide 40Nm of torque output, Scott and Mahle’s technical teams have worked tirelessly to code the algorithm that manages its pedal-assistance. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Best Small Fishing Boat, Shuffle (2011), Barbados People, Capo Bay Hotel Website, Winston-salem State Mascot, Amp Components Warframe, Short Note On Mothers Day, Marshall Islands Country Abbreviation, Someday It Will All Make Sense Lyrics, The Servant Chapter 4 Summary, Why Cheerleading Is A Real Sport, Groupon Deliveroo, Mintlyfe Patch Review, Sona Meaning In Fijian, Jira Pros And Cons, Greg Norman Collection, Install Spm, Snoop Dogg Height And Weight, Amp For Wp Framework, Awesome Acf, Planet Rock Song,