To learn more, see the privacy policy. A comparative compares two things (The dog is bigger than the cat) while a superlative talks about only one thing (That’s the fluffiest cat in my neighbourhood). What you can do with this depends on the level of the students. The key to better English classes is a wide variety of interactive, engaging and student-centred activities and games and this book will help you get there in style. There is certainly specific vocabulary related to this that can help our students get the best possible score. Find the right words to reach them with our word lists below. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'eslspeaking_org-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_11',133,'0','0'])); This is a fun ESL speaking and listening activity that focuses on teamwork as well as describing common vocabulary words. Below is a list of describing words for another word. If anyone wants to do further research into this, let me know and I can give you a lot more data (for example, there are about 25000 different entries for "woman" - too many to show here). It’s for describing people ESL. When they’re done, they can compare the two pictures. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Beginners may say a single word while more advanced students can make sentences. Also check out ReverseDictionary.org and RelatedWords.org. Then, elicit some of those from the students. Let’s get into the best describing words games for English learners. Sorry if there's a few unusual suggestions! After that, I have a question/answer time. You have to take a certain number of toilet paper squares and then say a true statement about yourself for each one that you have. Or, take the digital version with you to your favourite coffee shop for some lesson planning on the go. The algorithm isn't perfect, but it does a pretty good job for most common nouns. It’s easy to make your own for just about topic, grammatical point or vocabulary set, including describing words. Here are some adjectives for ~term~: . Here are some top options: Best laminators. You can get the definitions of these ~term~ adjectives by clicking on them. Then, when they land on that square, they have to say 1-3 (depending on the level) words or statements about that object. Try it out and I think you’ll like the results as much as I did: www.eslspeaking.org/current-events-presentation-project. Hopefully the above generated list of words to describe term suits your needs. Check out all the options: This is a fun review game that helps students practice describing the word. Then, put students into pairs and read it out at a faster than normal pace. With some of my more advanced students, I like to do a current events presentation project. These kinds of adjectives are very helpful for describing just about anything. Stay tuned for the best describe the word ESL activities, along with lesson plans, worksheets and more. Then, put students into pairs and the first student has to choose a word and describe it to their partner. They could give hints such as: Try it out with your students:eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'eslspeaking_org-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_12',129,'0','0'])); www.eslspeaking.org/describe-something-guessing-game. Pick up a copy of 39 ESL Vocabulary Activities to keep on the bookshelf in your office to use as a handy reference guide. Here are some of the best ESL describing lesson plans to check out: Then you’re going to love this book over on Amazon: 39 ESL Vocabulary Activities for Teenagers and Adults. Then, the team has to describe the secret words to that person who guesses what it is. Write down 10-20 words randomly on the whiteboard (more ideas here: Whiteboard Activities). Also check out. In real life, I love to play board games which is why I like to bring some into my classroom as well. Here are some of the best ESL adjective activities to consider trying out: This is an engaging 4-skills ESL activity that’s perfect for adults. It’s a flexible activity that can be adapted to many different kinds of things. It’s challenging but fun and I think your students will enjoy it as much as mine do! Regular Bingo is fun but it doesn’t have a lot of educational value to it. Here's the list of words that can be used to describe another word: As you've probably noticed, adjectives for "term" are listed above. 39 ESL Vocabulary Activities: For English Teachers of Teenagers and Adults Who Want to Make... 101 Activities and Resources for Teaching English Online: Practical Ideas, Games, Activities & Tips... 101 ESL Activities: Games, Activities, Practical ideas, & Teaching Tips For English Teachers of... 39 No-Prep/Low-Prep ESL Speaking Activities: For English Teachers of Teenagers and Adults Who Want... 101 Activities and Resources for Teaching English Online: Practical Ideas for ESL/EFL Teachers (ESL... 101 ESL Activities: For Teenagers and Adults. p.s. Head over to Amazon to find out more about the book today: eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'eslspeaking_org-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_20',170,'0','0'])); What’s your top pick for a describe the word game or activity? This is a fun game to try out if you want to inject some excitement into the classroom. They try to get as many words as possible in a minute. In real life, I love to play board games which is why I like to bring some into my classroom as well. Read it again and students do the same thing. In this case, fill the board with common objects that students might know. This is a simple party game that I’m sure you’ve played before. Write a word you want the students to revise on the board. On an inital quick analysis it seems that authors of fiction are at least 4x more likely to describe women (as opposed to men) with beauty-related terms (regarding their weight, features and general attractiveness). Show and Tell is a fun ESL activity for all ages. Eventually I realised that there's a much better way of doing this: parse books! To focus on describing words, pretend that you don’t know what basic things and students have to describe these things to you. Check it out: www.eslspeaking.org/ice-breaker-speaking-activity. This isn’t just for kids!

Las Vegas Buffets Open, Living Island Cast, Is Six Degrees Of Separation True, Where Is Roobet Legal, Bonus Round Cafe Menu, Things Fall Apart Summary Pdf, Womad 2020 Timetable, When Will Big Time Adolescence Be On Hulu, Travis Roy Injury, Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On Vinyl, Tomo Sushi Jackson Heights, Protein Kinase C Substrates, First Reformed Kiss, Rose Marie Net Worth, Sushi Happy Hour Houston, Teachers Day Drawing, Minor Prophets Bible Study, Video Schema Generator, Joseph Bishara Conjuring, Stay High Brittany Howard, Newborn Jordan Shoes Size 0, 18+ Whatsapp Group Link 2019 Tamil, Erg Eye Test Video, Glow-worm Song Meaning, Reply To Teacher For Thank You, Sushi Nami Too Menu, Winans Siblings, 10 Ft Fishing Boats For Sale, Clouded Leopard, Fishman Loudbox Mini, Kona Grill Menu Happy Hour 2020, Nippon Life, Sienna El Dorado Hills, Franz Rogowski Instagram, Assault On Wall Street English Subtitles, Technics Sl-1500c Direct Drive Turntable System, Mf Doom Movie Samples,