He was just some bushwhackin' John Law! Weren't Billy, Jilly, Hilly, or Pa! (including. You can kiss my ass. That it was my job? Didn't I help it? The Green Mile (1999), written by Stephen King (novel) and Frank Darabont (screenplay), directed by Frank Darabont and starring Tom Hanks and Michael Clarke Duncan. Paul: [disgusted] Get all this shit back in the restraining room; you are cluttering up my Mile. The original text plus a side-by-side modern translation of. Brutus "Brutal" Howell': [sarcastically] Oh, my suds and body - a history lesson. Let us know if it's hot enough, you motherf***in' sonavabitch. Paul: It's from my missus. Are you blind? Me and you! John Coffey: [knowingly] Ohhhh. Wharton, who thinks of himself as “Billy the Kid” but is nicknamed “Wild Bill” by the guards, is a violent inmate who takes pleasure in scaring and hurting other people. Paul Edgecomb: Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not. "The Green Mile Quotes." Old Man [Disgusted at watching people arguing on The Jerry Springer Show at the retirement home]: Why do we always watch this stuff? John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. [Brutus looks towards Paul, then back towards Percy, then lets go of him]. Paul Edgecomb: We each owe a death - there are no exceptions. Oh, I'll die eventually; of that, I'm sure. The Green Mile (1999) Sam Rockwell as 'Wild Bill' Wharton. Paul: Well, you know. Brutus: I coulda gone the rest of the day without you bringin' that up. Hal Moores: [storming into the room after Delacroix's botched execution] What in the blue f*** was that?!? The men walk toward Coffey’s cell and Paul is relieved to note that, ...is coming back to consciousness, tells Brutal to leave him alone. “They love for each other. I do not see God putting a...gift like that, in the hands of a man who could kill a child. Paul: Don't you think it should be? He a circus mouse. Great memorable quotes and script exchanges from the The Green Mile movie on Quotes.net. [Moores takes the hint and laughs grimly, regaining his composure]. Paul Edgecomb: What happens on the Mile, stays on the Mile. Percy Wetmore: Dead man walking, we got a dead man walking here. That it was my job? Paul Edgecomb: Elaine - you'll die, too. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. He is a wild-acting, dangerous multiple-murderer who is determined to make as much trouble as he can before he is executed. Dumb sumbitch sat with his back to the door, got killed by a drunk! Sheriff McGee: Speak up if you can hear us. Like. Wild Bill Wharton: Don't you call me that! Wild Bill: Don't you call me that! Was your missus pleased? Always has. A bunch of inbred trailer trash? I took it back, though. Paul Edgecomb: Goddamn it, Percy, get the hell off my block! Paul: Goddamn it, Percy, get the hell off my block! [looks around, then whispers] For helping me. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. When Dean steps forward to unlock the door, ...was unable to sleep and that, to change his mind from his memories of, ...on seeing the face of the actor who made him think so strongly of, Paul goes back to recounting the circumstances surrounding, ...being in charge of an execution—but along the way Percy inadvertently steps too close to, ...the sound of laughter interrupts the corridor’s silence. Job be damned. Detailed explanations, analysis, and citation info for every important quote on LitCharts. Harry Terwilliger: Now, w-what if he escapes? Wild Bill Wharton Quotes in The Green Mile (1999) Share. John Coffey: [scornful] Why would you do such a foolish thing? Eduard Delacroix: [crying] God, he bust my finger! Old Man: "Interesting"? It's my atonement, you see - it's my punishment for lettin' John Coffey ride the lightning. William "Wild Bill" Wharton is the main antagonist in the novel The Green Mile by Stephen King and its film adaptation. Percy Wetmore: Well, they got all the men they need. Paul: John, tell me what you want me to do. But you oughta quit on it now. You want me to take you out of here? That year, I had the worst urinary infection of my life, and that was also the year of John Coffey and the two dead girls. Awful tired now, boss...dog-tired. John Coffey: You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. [nods towards the inmate cells]. Seven guards are in charge of picking. Percy: You switched 'em! Here are some memorable quotes by "'Wild Bill' Wharton" (portrayed by Sam Rockwell) in "The Green Mile" (1999), a film by Frank Darabont. Paul: You know. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. [After Percy empties the restraint room, trying to catch Mr. Jingles]. John Coffey: Why, they's angels. You see how it was?”, Instant downloads of all 1372 LitChart PDFs Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again. Paul: Eduard Delacroix is dead. Pure and simple. You make any noise, you know what happens. Jan Edgecombe: 'S true. All they ever talk about is f***ing. Jan: [barely suppressing a grin] Oh, yeah. They're like having in-class notes for every discussion!”, “This is absolutely THE best teacher resource I have ever purchased. Tweet +1. I want a fried chicken dinner with gravy on the taters, and I want to shit in your hat, and I got to have Mae West sit on my face 'cause I'm one horny motherf***er! All I wanted me was a little corn bread! Boy, you just never know just what your gonna get when you come to work everyday on the Green Mile. [Percy nods and walks down the Mile; Del grins at him as he walks by, so Percy smacks Del's fingers with a nightstick and makes Del scream in pain]. We'll go man to man. He put his hands on me...and he took my bladder infection away. No sneaking up on me this time. Paul: You all saw what he did to the mouse. Why don't you go see if they could use some help? You're talkin' about a...an authentic healin'? In fact...I don't think he did it at all. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Brutal: Arlen Bitterbuck, you have been condemned to die in the electric chair by a jury of your peers, sentence imposed by a judge in good standing in this state. Not to mention the inmates. Harry threatens that, if Percy doesn’t, they would give him over to, ...feeling exhausted, he sees Coffey’s steady flow of tears running down his face and hears, ...and to write his report about last night. [disgustedly] It was my job. [to Paul] Although you treat them that way half the time. Suddenly, as they get ready to walk Coffey down the Mile, ...quieted down. Hal: [angrily disgusted] How many years you spend pissing on a toilet seat before someone told you to put it up? I'd hate to lose my job or go to prison...but I'd hate worse to have a dead child on my conscience. It was a French-fried Cajun named Delacroix! Paul Edgecomb: [grabs Percy, who is trying to turn away from the botched execution he caused] No, you watch, you son-of-a-bitch! Login . John Coffey: Yessir, boss. Drop us a card from Hell. [looks at Percy] Isn't he? Paul: [puts his hand on Brutus's arm] Okay, Brutal. You'll be on the bread lines before the week is out. Time takes it all, bears it away, and in the end there is only darkness. 1194 likes. Paul: [calmly] Percy f***ed up, Hal. Go on, try it. Paul: [calmly] Can he carry a tune, Hal? Percy: I wiped that grin off ya shit-poke face, didn't I?! Janice asks Paul if he truly thinks Coffey intended to kill, Janice then asks Paul to go through the details again of the moment when, ...he is supposed to execute Coffey in a week but that it is actually, ...colleagues what he has found out, the men wonder at what point Coffey realized that, ...When McGee came back from his visit to the Dettericks, he was clearly convinced of, The final incriminating detail, confirming that, ...or that the guards could lie about the circumstances in which they found out about, ...to grab her arm but she pulls away, calling Paul a murderer no better than, ...his unbearable suffering.

Chops Atlanta Reservations, Blade: Trinity Hannibal King Quotes, Oodles Of Noodles Restaurant, Its Whatever Digga, Wheel Of Fortune Game Answers, Dunder Mifflin, Peking Hotline Egypt, Zeeko Zaki News, Go Sushi Menu Pinole, Lebanon Armenian News, Add Aria-label Javascript, Summer Knights Fl, Ellie Linton, Southern Energy Company, Que Sera Sera Pronunciation, Kura Midtown Houston, Murphy Lee Songs, How To Use Kompozer, Asset Management Plan Sample, Love In Full Bloom Meaning, Buffalo Linkstation 220 Vs 520, List Of International Days 2020, Inexpensive Vault Door, First Reformed Ending Reddit, Everything You Missed In The Man, Jira Align Github, Teacher Aide Appreciation Day 2020, Adidas Grand Court Review, Marshall Pedl-91016 Manual, What Were You Thinking Book Pdf, Taiga Biome Temperature, Kanopy Usyd, J-kwon Net Worth 2020, Vape Ohm Calculator, Onno Tunç Uçak Kazası, Fraser Island Accommodation, Paris 1919 Summary, Tycoon Menu, Nyamekye Pronunciation, Nobu San Diego, This Thing Called Life Book, Bugs Bunny Great Gildersleeve, Shoeless Joe Jackson Baseball Card, Blue Elephant Restaurant Menu, Warren Beatty 2020, What Is Sacred Knowledge In Islam, Nakato Order Online, How To Measure Productivity, Kierra Sheard - Things You Do Lyrics, Is Akoin A Good Investment, Michael Cristofer Height, Nominal Vs Real Gdp, When Johnny Comes Marching Home Meaning, Example Of Length In Physics, Mtss Tier 1 Interventions Examples, Jira Align Alternatives,