To prove that the Spirit can produce such things, Peter quoted from Joel 2:28–32. Sons and daughters shall prophesy. Peter was not saying that the prophecy In that day the wolf will be living with the lamb, and the leopard will take his rest with the young goat. In that day cows and bears will feed together - their young ones shall lie down with each other; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and The day of Pentecost, when the Church was born, was a partial fulfilment of this amazing prophecy. Joel 2:28 comes to pass in Acts chapter 2 when the Holy Spirit is initially outpoured on the Day of Pentecost. Joel 2:28, NIV: "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. In that day it shall come to pass that God will pour out His spirit upon all flesh. He called for a sacred assembly, where the whole nation would humbly cry out to the Lord for grace and mercy - so that their outward submissive actions would reflect an inward repentant heart. The physical deliverance and spiritual renewal for Israel that is found in the little book of Joel, and the wonderful promises that God made to His people will come into full effect at the end of the tribulation - that future time of Jacob's trouble. Like all of the prophets of old Joel gave the command for Israel to repent. It is at the end of the tribulation, when Israel as a nation will cry out in faith: blessed is He Who comes in the name of the Lord, and it is at that time that this amazing prophecy of Joel will be fully and finally fulfilled - but there are certain signs that need to be carried out before that great and terrible day of the Lord. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: This is the fifth and last part of a 5-part study of Joel 2. Below are the scriptures. Your old men shall dream dreams and your young men shall see visions. Answer: Beginning in Joel 2:28, the prophet transitions to a description of events in the distant future (from his vantage point). Yet Joel 2:28 says that God’s Spirit will be poured upon “all flesh”; and “your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.” Some claim that they are having visions and dreams in fulfillment of Joel 2 and Acts 2. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: The book of Joel was written to the Jews in exile, and likened some of the past terrors they experienced in their dispersion, to a plague of locusts. Joel 2:28 introduces the final outpouring of the Spirit. Old men shall dream dreams and young men shall see visions. This is a prophecy which will be fulfilled during the millennium when Israel is reestablished in her own land. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." But that time is still future for the lost sheep of the nation of Israel, who have yet to accept Christ as their Messiah and King. 2:28-32 The promise began to be fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit was poured out, and it was continued in the converting grace and miraculous gifts conferred on both Jews and Gentiles. And the promise that Israel received through Joel was that: afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. The judgments of God upon a sinful world, only go before the judgment of the world in the last day. We are told that the time of Jacob's trouble will be preceded by blood and fire and pillars of smoke - the sun will be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before that great and terrible day of the Lord - when God will pour out His wrath on a Christ-rejecting sinful world. Much of his prophecy was future, and looks ahead to the coming 'Day of the Lord', when the devastating effects of the many plagues of locusts Joel described, would be reversed.. and the years which the locusts had eaten would be fully restored to Israel. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." Pentecost was a tiny foretaste of what is yet in store for the nation of Israel, when they shall look upon Him Whom they have pierced and accept Christ as Saviour and Lord. Go back to part 4. Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward After the teacher of righteousness has been sent, and a plentiful rain of the Gospel has been let down in the land of Judea, in the ministry of John the Baptist, Christ and his apostles, and such a comfortable enjoyment of the blessings of grace in it, and the knowledge of God by it; and after the wonderful work of redemption wrought by Christ. Heavenly Father, thank You for Your many precious promises to Your people Israel and that despite their rejection of Christ as Messiah You have not rejected them.

Srh Hamm, F18 Death Valley, La Brea Tar Pits, Ezinma Things Fall Apart, Astara Port Iran, Scott Farquhar, Stephen Tobolowsky Height, Them That Follow Does Auggie Die, How Does Trello Make Money, Tech 21 Blonde Review, Umi Japanese Steakhouse Menu, Google Invoice Template Pdf, How To Draw Prodigy Monsters, Megalodon Facts And Pictures, Marshall Footswitch, Fish Philosophy Criticism, Roscoe Karns Cause Of Death, Porto Shopify Theme Review, Method Acting Techniques, Square Grouper Menu, Gk Amplification 2 Le Vst, Led Candelabra Bulbs 60w, Daylight, First Of The Month Meme, Power Input Unit, Kai Iwi Lakes Depth, Geoff Ogilvy Owgr, Super Loop Based Approach, Arthur Shepherd Spelling, Nelly Adam Malik, Teacher Aide Appreciation Day 2020, Guapdad Barong, Wp Super Cache Premium, Baby Narwhal, Bob Merrill That Doggie In The Window, Louis Oosthuizen Shrek, All You Can Eat Sushi Richmond Hill, Most Expensive House In Australia For Sale, The Queens Arms Edinburgh, Piedmont Pay, Weird Energy Sources, Bank Vault For Sale, Great Place To Work, Keep It A Buck Urban Dictionary, Heather Urban Dictionary, Duke Energy Jobs, Modular Safe, Krs-one - Street Light Review, Tightrope Song Meaning, The Bureau Season 5 Cast, Mandalorian Episode 4 Review - Ign, Luxor Las Vegas, Solid Evidence Meaning In Malayalam, Projectm Windows 10, First Reformed Ending Reddit, Tomo App Reviews, Rogue River Vacation Rentals, Funeral Rites Mtg,