Train to Pakistan is the story of this isolated village that is plunged into the abyss of religious hate. Short and sweet read, but evokes emotion. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. I feel stupid merely thinking of reviewing the Khushwant Singh's book, Train to Pakistan but of course, it has to be done, and so, here it goes: Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 January 2018. Khushwant Singh was a master storyteller, without any doubt. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Mano Majra is a place, Khushwant Singh tells us at the beginning of this classic novel, where Sikhs and Muslims have lived together in peace for hundreds of years. Do you? A 30-day trial plus your first audiobook, free, 1 credit/month after trial – good for any audiobook, any price, After your trial, Audible is just ₹199/month. A Suitable Boy: THE CLASSIC BESTSELLER AND MAJOR BBC DRAMA. Very good book which is able to paint a picture of what India was like during the 1947 partition. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. In such situations the human race becomes mad, people become thirsty of each other's blood. Although written by a Sikh, paints a non-partisan picture of the partition of India. Does this book contain quality or formatting issues? Unlimited FREE fast delivery, video streaming & more. Unable to add item to Wish List. An Authentic Version on Partition Manomajra, a tiny villages slumbers without much din of the urbane suddenly comes alive with fanaticism takes hold of the innocent villagers. It was written to show the slaughter of innocents that took place after the partition and how the violence was never needed, but people were made to believe that it was. It was a book which leaves the reader utterly thoughtful. Literary Devices. Amazon has separate websites for the main countries it operates in including the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China, India, Mexico, Singapore, and Turkey. I feel stupid merely thinking of reviewing the Khushwant Singh's book, Train to Pakistan but of course, it has to be done, and so, here it goes: Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 January 2018. One of these villages was Mano Majra.”, Inglorious Empire: What the British Did to India, The Great Partition: The Making of India and Pakistan, New Edition, The White Tiger: WINNER OF THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2008, The Patient Assassin: A True Tale of Massacre, Revenge and the Raj. RESOURCES. The book is not so great as the reviews suggests. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about that period...in a easy manner. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. And the ending wasn't what we'd expect it to be. Life can, at times, be so cheap that it may become dependent on circumcision of reproductive organ. This is a kind of book which you definitely want to take a slow ride, absorbing every word, every character, every detail. I would've liked a proper explanation on the ending rather than many meaningless blabbers on the rest of the story. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 November 2017, Beautifully written, heart rending tale that focuses on community and personal moral dilemmas rather than the politics against a devastating backdrop, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 May 2016. Itis also the story of a Sikh boy and a Muslim girl whose love endured and transcends the ravages of war. 0 Comment Report abuse moxy1948. By the time the monsoon broke, almost a million of them were dead, and all of northern India was in arms, in terror, or in hiding. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 August 2015. Grove Press; Reprint edition (11 Feb. 1994), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 January 2018. Amazon ignores Pakistan, but Pakistanis do not ignore Amazon. To get the free app, enter mobile phone number. Khushwant Singh on Humour: Selected Writings. It had so many abrupt story lines or pointless contents on it. Sold and delivered by Audible, an Amazon company, ©1956, 2018 Khushwant Singh (P)2018 Random House Audio. Train to Pakistan is the story of this isolated village that is plunged into the abyss of religious hate. Something went wrong. It is also the story of a Sikh boy and a Muslim girl whose love endures and transcends the ravages of war.--This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition. The words, the sentences, the description, all are so vivid that, most of the time, I found myself to be a part of Mano Majra. A Book on Human Psyche and It's Pleasure in resorting to Violence. And the ending wasn't what we'd expect it to be. The words, the sentences, the description, all are so vivid that, most of the time, I found myself to be a part of Mano Majra. In such situations the human race becomes mad, people become thirsty of each other's blood. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 May 2020. It is also the story of a Sikh boy and a Muslim girl whose love endures and transcends the ravages of war. By completing your purchase you agree to Audible’s Conditions of Use, Amazon's Privacy Notice and if applicable Audible's Recurring Payment Terms. At the time of partition millions of people died, many Sikhs, many Hindus, many Muslims, and people resorted to religion, religious books to justify their sinister deeds; that was the time when people felt glory in killing, in raping, in mutilating just because the victim was Sikh/Hindu/Muslim ......... Khushwant singh was master writer.This is first book of khushwant singh that i read.Now i understand why people are so crazy about his writing.In this book he present some stories around the partition time.How different stories get connected and leads to acommon ending is masterpiece of khushwant singh.It contains all elements of human emotions ftom love lust to anger sadness jealousy etc.I myself became so attached to it after completion that i could not sleep for 2 days without remembering characters of story.

Marshall Jvm215c User Manual, National Grid Uk Careers, Behringer V-tone Gmx212 Reviews, George Panayiotou, Friends In The Corner Lyrics, Duke Energy Delete Account, Animal Games, Oak Steakhouse Hiring, Canoe Rentals Ontario, Porto Theme Support, Amp Link Remover, Math Worksheets Grade 4, John Wick Netflix 2020, Lagrimas Lyrics, Weird Energy Sources, Zabriskie Point California, Long Island Rough Riders Players, Yoursuper Negative Reviews, Orange Micro Terror Vs Micro Dark, Mtaa Login Portal, W3 Total Cache Clear Cache Automatically, Fabiano's Portland, Mi, Convert Db To Watts, Western Armenian News, Somali Cat Price Uk, Lazy Betty Chef, 4 Ohm Car Speakers, Bay Of Plenty, Gun Safe Puck, Charl Schwartzel Clear Golf Ball, Inflation Rate Calculator Gdp, Capacitance Formula In Series, 1 Btu=, Aria-hidden=true Selenium Python, Decatur Zip Code, Un Beso Aventura Lyrics In English, Small Boats For Sale, Bigcommerce Stock Name, Beautiful Bastard Summary, Contact Form 7 Skip Mail, Apollonia Songs, Utah Governor Race Debate, Social Work Intervention Examples, Nux Loop Core Manual, Christine Simpson Parker Age, What Were Two Of Benjamin Franklin's Inventions?, Southern Company Retiree Services, Somebody Feed Phil Season 5, Red Heat Tavern Milford, Ma Menu,