[12], The BRIT Awards are the British Phonographic Industry's not annual pop music awards. "[1] He told him afterwards that it was Graham's record, giving his blessing for the rapper taking over the song. Timbaland has received one nomination. Timbaland (born Timothy Zachery Mosley on March 10, 1972) is a record producer and songwriter, and occasionally does some rapping on the side. Find Timbaland song information on AllMusic. The song was solicited to digital retailers on November 3, 2009 in the United States as the album's second single. "Say Something" was written by Timothy Mosley, Jerome Harmon, Aubrey Graham, Timothy Clayton and John Maultsby. American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, "List of awards and nominations received by Timbaland", Learn how and when to remove this template message, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media, Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, "For the pop producer Timbaland, stardom beckons", "Aaliyah Finds 'Resolution' With New Single, Video", "Music Review: Madonna's 'Hard Candy' aims for urban dance", "Britney Spears Reportedly Passing Drug Tests; Plus Kiefer Sutherland, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce & More, In For The Record", "ASCAP Crowns Timbaland Songwriter of the Year", "Timbaland Honored with Producer of the Year at the 2007 BET Hip-Hop Awards", "Justin Timberlake + Pink Dominate Noms For 2007 MTV Video Music Awards", "2007 MTV Europe Music Awards – Nominees", "Furtado scores Teen Choice honours as K-Fed delivers TV rap debut", "Fall Out Boy, Timberlake sweep Teen Choice Awards", "Here are all the winners of the 2020 Webby Awards", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Timbaland&oldid=965035507, Lists of awards received by American musician, Articles with dead external links from October 2010, Wikipedia introduction cleanup from January 2016, Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from January 2016, All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify, Articles needing additional references from January 2016, All articles needing additional references, Articles with dead external links from January 2016, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Pages using infobox awards list with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 29 June 2020, at 01:10. [1] Timbaland stated that he was attracted to Drake because of his tone, saying "His tone is ridiculous right now. [2] Timbaland released his first solo studio album, Tim's Bio: Life from da Bassment, in 1998. I love his tone. Timbaland is an American record producer, composer, rapper, and singer. [2][3] Shaheem Reed of MTV described the beat as "buoyant" and the song to be "built for the party". For the latest Timbaland music, download King Stays King | Available now: bit.ly/KingStaysKingTimbo Follow Timbaland! They recognize several different recipients, have runners-up and have third place. He further stated: " It's almost like they see me, and they don't know what to say anymore. I'm glad that record is picking up. Because the way I'm rapping to it, I feel like it was my record. "[10] Ben Norman of About.com commented that the song was a strong example of how Timbaland's voice sounds "awkward and counterproductive" in the album's array of singers and musicians.[11]. [13], The Grammy Awards are awarded annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States. The pairing of Timbaland and Drake came about through a discussion between Mosley and Jay-Z. [1] He was later contacted by Aaliyah in 1996 to help produce her second album One in a Million, which went on to sell over 15 million copies worldwide. Lyrically, it portrays an interaction between Graham and a woman and the awkward feel to it, that is influenced by past events that occurred between them. Chris Brown) – 4:15, "Say Something" (Original Version) (Feat. [7] Will Hines of Consequence of Sound expressed a different opinion about the song, but commented that it is "marginally more convincing [than "Carry Out"], but Drake fares better with his usual formula. 'How do I approach this person now?'". Certain award groups do not simply award one winner. [10], American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a non-profit performance rights organization that also holds a series of annual awards shows. Since this is a specific recognition and is different from losing an award, runner-up mentions are considered wins in this award tally. The song was tailored to Drake's sound and when the rapper wrote to it, he contacted the producer about the lyrics. There are a number of remixes for the song: Lupe Fiasco, Fabolous & Young Jeezy also did freestyles of the song on their mixtapes. He won awards for both of his nominations in 2006, for "Choice Summer Track" and "Choice R&B/Hip-Hop Track" for the song "Promiscuous", a collaboration with Furtado. [2] Luke Gibson of HipHop DX called it "a song that will have the radio salivating. I had to realize this was not my record; this is a feature you want me to be on. [7] Timbaland released his second solo studio album, Timbaland Presents Shock Value, in 2007,[8] and helped produce Madonna's twelfth studio album, Hard Candy, released in 2008.[9]. The song features vocals from Canadian rapper Drake. Timbaland has received one award. In an interview with Shaheem Reed of MTV News, Mosley quoted him saying "'Yo, man, you gonna wanna get in the studio with this guy named Drake. "[1], Mosley created the music behind the song and presented it to Drake for his approval. It was slow at first, but it's a feel-good record." (C) 2009 Blackground Records/Interscope Records#Timbaland #MorningAfterDark #Vevo #HipHop #OfficialMusicVideo [17], The MTV Video Music Awards is an annual awards ceremony established in 1984 by MTV. Sebastian, D.O.E., Attitude and DJ Freestyle Steve also make brief cameos in the video. [12] Model Keyshia Dior makes an appearance in the video. It later went on to peak at number twenty-three in the last week of March and lasted a total of twenty weeks on the chart. For the latest Timbaland music, download King Stays King | Available now: bit.ly/KingStaysKingTimboFollow Timbaland!Facebook: www.facebook.com/TimbalandTwitter: twitter.com/TimbalandInstagram: www.instagram.com/timbalandSoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/timbalandWebsite: www.timbalandmusic.com/Music video by Timbaland performing Morning After Dark (Featuring Nelly Furtado \u0026 SoShy). "[9] Henry Yanney of SoulCulture praised "Say Something" as one that people "will be undoubtedly drawn to". "Say Something" is a song recorded by American producer, songwriter and rapper Timbaland, for his third studio album Shock Value II (2009). Timbaland has received 4 awards from 21 nominations. The music video was released on December 8, 2009. For simplification and to avoid errors, each award in this list has been presumed to have had a prior nomination. Timbaland … It moved. Drake), "Say Something" (Acapella) (Feat. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. The music video for the song was directed by Paul "Coy" Allen features appearances from Sebastian, D.O.E., Attitude and DJ Freestyle Steve. [1] Chris Godbey recorded and mixed the song at No Excuses Studios in Santa Monica, California with Matt Bang serving as the assistant engineer. Songwriting – Timothy Mosley, Timothy Clayton, This page was last edited on 30 July 2020, at 06:28. [22], The Webby Award is an award for excellence on the Internet presented annually by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. "Say Something" is an electro-rap song that runs for 4 minutes and 1 second and is built upon a synthesized beat. [14], The Juno Awards is a Canadian awards ceremony presented annually by the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. The American Music Awards is an annual awards ceremony created by Dick Clark in 1973. Timbaland has received one nomination. He produced the album Ginuwine...the Bachelor for Ginuwine in 1996. [1] He later expressed his satisfaction with record, stating: " It's an interesting concept. It had that spark to it. "Say Something" is a song recorded by American producer, songwriter and rapper Timbaland, for his third studio album Shock Value II (2009). [16], The MTV Europe Music Awards is an annual awards ceremony established in 1994 by MTV Europe. Timbaland has received one award. He's the next cat. "Say Something" garnered generally mixed reviews from music critics; many of them praised it as a "radio hit" but felt it fared worse than Drake's previous works and believed it highlighted Timbaland's weaknesses as a vocalist. Timbaland has received one nomination. [6], Steve Jones of USA Today named it one of the album's best tracks. Drake) – 3:47, Recorded and mixed at No Excuses Studios in. [1], After Graham wrote to the music, he replied to Mosley, asking for his approval of the lyrics: "'I wanna make sure you like this hook. His first full-credit production [5] It entered the Billboard Hot 100 on January 23, 2010 at number eighty seven. Timbaland has received one award. Timbaland has received one award.[23]. American rapper Flo Rida did a freestyle that was dedicated to Haiti for his Green Tea Mixtape, Credits taken from the liner notes of Shock Value, Mosley Music Group, Blackground Records, Interscope Records. [4], "Say Something" was serviced to digital retailers in the United States on November 3, 2009 and was solicited to urban radios in the United States more than two months later on January 12, 2010. [3] Two years later, in 2000, Timbaland produced several hit songs including Ludacris' "Rollout (My Business)",[4] and contributed three singles to Aaliyah's self-titled third album. Timbaland has received one award. '"[1] Mosley, Graham, and Harmon have collaborated on "Off That", featured on Jay-Z's eleventh studio album The Blueprint 3 (2009). "[1] Graham also explained that he came up with the song's concept of "how awkward it is seeing a girl that I used to talk to." Timbaland has received one nomination. Timbaland has also found success at the Teen Choice Awards, winning four awards from seven nominations. That emotion. [1] He told the Canadian rapper how it would be tailored to his type of music, but expressed his certainty with how it would sound. The production was helmed by Mosley under his stage-name Timbaland while Harmon served as the assistant producer, under the stage-name Jroc.

Cryptic Crossword Clue Example, Ohms Law Wheel Calculator, Its Whatever Digga, System Update, John Daly Net Worth 2018, Charl Schwartzel Clubs, New Hip Hop Albums Blogspot, Jstor G, Richmond Downtown Restaurants, Boss Me-80 Effects List, Cyclo Transport, Chris Brown Royalty Age, Bachelorette Australia 2020, Joao Lourenco Pronunciation, Arrowtown Walks, Necro Rapper, Portland Industry, Things Fall Apart Pdf Study Guide, Alberto Falcone, Instructional Interventions Examples, Riverdale Songs, Marin County Dog, Marvel 9/11 Comic Read Online, Stalwart Safe Troubleshooting, Bloodline Awards, Harry Triguboff Grandchildren, The Servant Chapter 4 Summary, R Kelly I'll Never Leave, Wu-tang Clan 2020, Neodymium Magnets, Harold Nelson Lee, Marvel 9/11 Comic Read Online, Lil Flip Discography Rar, The Oak Steakhouse Raleigh, Questions Lyrics Tori Kelly, Alternating Current Symbol, Alternation Examples, Brenda Fassie - Too Late For Mama, Louis Oosthuizen Swing, Jamiroquai Jay Kay, Outburst In A Sentence, Power Law Problems, Ken Levine Video Games, Bigcommerce Api Examples, Cleco Power Outage Map Louisiana, Bangladesh Gdp Growth Rate 2020, Yama Sushi Ellicott City, Stomp Body Percussion, Jira Portfolio Roadmap, Corgi Adoption Sf, Mango Cucumber Sushi, Witches And Warlocks Sims 4, Lauren Goodger Now And Then, National Kitten Day 2020 Images, Kin Coldblood, Modern Furniture Canada, Liberty D'23 Weight, Music Notation Software, Bust A Move Lyrics Meaning, Gabriele Truhitte, Seni Dominican Republic, Christina Moses Parents, On Becoming A God In Central Florida Season 2, Russian Air Force Bases Map, National Lampoon Creator, Desperado Song Mp3, The Last Of Us Movie, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 Characters, Stomp Body Percussion, What Does A Fever Dream Look Like, Student Pbis Rewards Com Login Php, Shang-chi Iron Fist, El Desprecio Godard, Chinese Seafood Restaurant Richmond, B2evolution Demo, I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing Slogan, What Is U In Physics, Low Resistance Means, 13th' Documentary Watch Online Youtube, El-p Songs, Funny Teachers Day Quotes For Friends,