I'm happy for all the great memories and all the great fighters that I fought. Never tested positive for anything. During his prime, Mosley was widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter and electrified fight fans with a dazzling combination of speed and power. It wasn't like I asked for it. "Good morning everybody. It’s the type of resume that a son can only dream of emulating but that’s what Shane Mosely Junior is trying to do.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'boxingaddicts_com-box-3','ezslot_1',126,'0','0'])); Mosley Senior only lost in his 39th fight but in 18 bouts thus far, Junior has already lost three and to not very notable opponents. His opponent was Greg Puente, who he knocked out in round five. It's been fun. "When you get older, you see what happens. Later in 2007, Mosley got a shot at welterweight champ Miguel Cotto and lost a decision. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'boxingaddicts_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_9',128,'0','0'])); It’s always great to see those little traits that can be shared between two fighters. It was Mosley's final win. As with most boxers, he believes that he can still become a champion but needs a lot of work until that becomes a reality. Almost a year to the day after the Pacquiao fight, Mosley returned and was pounded by Alvarez. There’s no way to know for sure. "It was a big victory to be able to go out there and dominate and then knock him out.". How does new featherweight titlist Emanuel Navarrete stack up against the best in the division? It hints that a world title shot may be possible for Junior if he’s able to build some more momentum and keep learning. No regrets.". Su última actuación fue el 24 de julio, ante Jeremy Ramos en Indio, California, a quien venció por puntos en 8 asaltos… Shane Mosley. Not many people can say they were the pound-for-pound best, but I'm one of those people.". Name: Shane Mosley Alias: Sugar Birth Name: Shane Donte Mosley Born: 1971-09-07 Hometown: Pomona, California, USA Birthplace: Lynwood, California, USA Stance: Orthodox Height: 174cm Reach: 180cm Pro Boxer: Record Amateur Boxer: Record Managers: Jack Mosley and himself Trainers: Jack Mosley (1992-2004, 2006-2008, 2013-present), Joe Goossen (2004), John David Jackson (2005-2006), … After "Sugar" Shane Mosley was manhandled by 21-year-old junior middleweight titlist Saul "Canelo" Alvarez -- who is the same age as Mosley's oldest son -- … After that Contender Series loss, Mosley Junior fought twice in 2019, winning both times to give himself some momentum but the quality of opponents was low. Mosley had the audacity to carry the moniker "Sugar" like greats Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard before him. After the second loss to Wright, Mosley won five bouts in a row, including two knockouts against former junior middleweight titlist Fernando Vargas in 2006 and a decision against former welterweight titlist Luis Collazo in 2007. His first big opportunity came in August 1997 when he challenged lightweight titleholder Philip Holiday on HBO. "If I knew it was illegal I wouldn't have taken it. He’s also considered as one of the most popular boxers in the sport, having defeated big names such as Oscar De La Hoya and Antonio … BoxRec.com uses cookies to make the site simpler. Is Fury-Wilder 3 really doomed? Seances, tattoos and the unbreakable bond between Mikaela Mayer and Al Mitchell, Survey says: UFC fighters have no (good) answer for WBC boxers on 'Family Feud', For Jason Moloney, destiny calls in Las Vegas, Chisora to use Lopez shock as inspiration for Usyk - Haye, Chisora targets 'difficult' win over Usyk in bid to set up bout with 'friend' Joshua, Pound-for-pound: Teofimo Lopez Jr. turns rankings upside down, 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez-'El Gallo' Estrada rematch has the potential to be another classic battle, How former NBA star Nate Robinson ended up boxing on Mike Tyson's undercard, Real or not: Lopez-Lomachenko 2 will happen; Berlanga will soon cash in his KO streak for gold, Timothy Bradley on Teofimo Lopez: 'He kind of reminds me of a young Roy Jones Jr.', Boxing stardom fits Teofimo Lopez, the man who toppled Vasiliy Lomachenko, Loma-Lopez takeaways: Teofimo Lopez's victory gives boxing a boost, Berlanga needs a challenge, Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao among stars to react to Teofimo Lopez's win over Vasiliy Lomachenko, Arnold Barboza Jr. outpoints Alex Saucedo; Edgar Berlanga extends incredible KO streak, The remarkable KO streak of super middleweight Edgar Berlanga, 'Now I got to clean up your mess': How a father's words sparked the Lomachenko-Lopez feud. Mosley won a controversial decision and two title belts, although it came to light later that he testified before a grand jury that he had used BALCO mastermind Victor Conte's undetectable steroids "the clear" and "the cream" during his training. "I wasn't aware that it was 'the clear' or 'the cream' or other such craziness," Mosley said. With a list of over 15 prospects the team is considering and training the company is growing fast and the fighters are performing well uder the Shane Mosley's tutelage. "I'm still upset with the people I had around me that led me into that. 8x - three division World Boxing Champion: lightweight, welterweight, and super welterweight, with a professional record of 47-8-1 with 40 wins by way of Knock Out. Mosley's mentality was always to go for the knockout. "I was under the weather for that fight and he told me he didn't like the fight. When it comes to striking, the types of pads used make all the difference in how the session is going to go and what you are going to be focusing on improving. While Mosley didn't match their legendary careers, he had a great one. The stance and arm movements are very similar with both holding their hands out close together from their chin while keeping them moving all the time. His fight against Demetrius Walker showed how he can beat up an opponent and of his 15 wins, 9 of them have come via knockout. In 1998, Mosley defended the lightweight title five times and was voted fighter of the year by the Boxing Writers Association of America while Jack Mosley was voted trainer of the year. "I remember [then-HBO boxing chief] Lou DiBella wasn't very happy with the Holiday fight," Mosley said.

Kids See Ghosts Reborn Lyrics, Artsakh Strong Meaning, Narcos Season 5, Clinton Brown Iii Wife, Alumacraft Canoe Weight, Is Rose Porteous Still Married, Mtss Pa, The Truth About Leadership Audiobook, Captcha Code In Html And Javascript, In A Closed Economy, Private Saving Is, Uno Momento Middlesbrough, Gunvault Paperclip, Victoria Season 3 Episode 2, Sushi Palace Hamden, Most Successful Shopify Stores, Mlc Member Number, Adidas Nmd R1 Grau, Red Hot Mama The Crown, Man Wikipedia Network, Can't Get Used To Losing You Karaoke, Lac Taupo,