And then when he reveals himself the person says, ‘Who? January 22, 2019 @ I like it, actually I am currently loving it but what do I know. Before long he was singing at a campus bar and soon left to pursue a music career in Nashville, Tennessee. You will need to register before adding a comment. 8:28 pm, But his southern draw is real so who cares, King Honky Of Crackershire August 9, 2018 @ 8:45 am. 10:16 am. That should be the fate of “Down To The Honky Tonk,” but we all know if there’s enough of a promotional push behind it, it’ll end up at #1 on the radio anyway. August 8, 2018 @ “Mr. ….yeah …lets give that a whirl ” . Jake Owen has done some good song in his day, but when artists become desperate to hold onto their mainstream relevance, that’s when things can get weird and embarrassing. Thanks to Bear for correcting these lyrics. and you’re dancing in the streets. Not to be confused with Frankie Miller’s “Down the Honky Tonk”. So bye bye miss American Pie, tangled up and blue singing yesterday. “Startin With Me” and “Tell Me” both hit right in the feels and tells a story, they represent what real country music is. King Honky Of Crackershire What’s he copying next–heading down to lower Broadway dressed like a homeless man, baiting people to ‘mistakenly’ give him a couple dollars? August 19, 2018 @ Can I get the number of the pizza place? 1:10 pm. I’d love to see Jake Owen step into some actual honky tonks peddling this weak-ass list-tastic Bro-Country redux and watch his ass get sent down the shuffleboard table head first by a guy wearing a Whitey Morgan “Fuck Pop Country” T-shirt. Other commenters may sometimes say, “You don’t belong here,” but I believe it is imperative that people interact with opinions and perspectives that are different than their own so that we can all learn something from each other. August 11, 2018 @ August 8, 2018 @ Can you imagine Jake Owen in a honky tonk? More importantly, the smile just draws you in. 1:25 pm. Bill Weiler always get what you want August 8, 2018 @ Trigger “I wish you were here/So you could be my baby/Rescue me from this heartbreak hotel/I heard it through the grapevine, you were comfortably numb on that highway to hell,” he says, reciting the song’s first verse. Just call it personal preference…. It’s the same with Chris Young. Writer(s): Rodney Clawson, Shane Mcanally, Luke Laird. I liked his last album too. He’s one of the artists that is capable of putting out good music but chooses not to. numb on that highway to hell. Pierre Brunelle Jake’s first few songs benefited from the fact that it was Nashville circa mid-2000’s instead of circa mid-2010’s. What is it about these asshole songwriters just stealing lines and licks from old somgd? Welcome to our new and improved comments, which are for subscribers only. Yeah sorry, but I don’t remember Waylon starting his tunes off with what sounds like bad white boy beat boxing, or running his vocal signals through Antares Auto-tune. It’s for real. lonely broke jukebox. On this particular song anyhow, I’m sure there’s plenty of songs out there deserving being shredded and disposed of but I kinda like this one. And you can follow the tracks of my tears to this old, August 9, 2018 @ Pierre Brunelle Or fine with diff.opinions, (but I’m sure) hoping of course people change while on here? ll check his earlier songs. Buy . Did he release one good country song? Set ’em up Joe don’t you know tonight I’m drinking fire and rain. . Sereng3ti The singer's other hits include "Barefoot Blue Jean Night," "The One That Got Away" and "Beachin. 7:19 pm. – from wikipedia. August 11, 2018 @ Made it 14 seconds, Dobe Daddy He filmed the video at Tootsie’s and dressed like Elvis so i guess we’ll see how that turns out. August 8, 2018 @ That’s certainly the case with “Down To The Honky Tonk.” 1 1/2 Guns DOWN (3/10) This could be Shelton …he records lots of trite , underwritten , over rhymed fake crap like this . If ole Jake sang this at karaoke night, the locals here would take him outside and beat his ass. Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about. And you can follow the tracks of my tears to this old, That’s certainly the case with “Down To The Honky Tonk.”. 11:03 pm. August 10, 2018 @ He sure does have a knack for ripping off of other songs lately.. Justin Adams Dobe Daddy (Photo: submitted), "'Greetings From...Jake' is a pure representation of who I am, where I've been, what I love and where I am going," Owen said. He has quite a number of good songs I’m not going to name them all. I’m sure it can only help him in his career, where ‘looks’ are prob. August 8, 2018 @ it would have been more consistent! Oh, so the caricature version of a redneck that Jake Owen portrays in “Down To The Honky Tonk” names his dog Waylon, and there’s Outlaw-era phase guitar in the mix. Jake Owen is an American country music singer-songwriter. August 8, 2018 @ So he’s ripped off Johnny Cougar, Waylon, Alabama, and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band? Jake Owen waits to take the stage to perform during a listening party for his new album at Blue Moon, Monday, July 18, 2016, in Nashville, Tenn. Jake Owen performs during a listening party for his new album at Blue Moon, Monday, July 18, 2016, in Nashville, Tenn. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. August 8, 2018 @ 11:49 am. 76 Comments. (not too young though) ha,ha,ha,ha,ha , JB-Chicago Yeah I’ll be sitting here in the sounds of silence after the music stopped. “SEE?!?! If the verses were better it’d be a solid tune. Amazon Guests listen as Jake Owen performs during a listening party for his new album at Blue Moon, Monday, July 18, 2016, in Nashville, Tenn. Jake Owen performs during a listening party for his album at Blue Moon on Monday, July 18, 2016, in Nashville.

Boss Gt-100 Hard Case, Chris Stapleton - Starting Over Lyrics, Don Siegel Upenn, Welcome To My Hood Meaning In Punjabi, Adguard Dns Not Working, Ashraf Marwan Movie, Kay Smith Obituary, Prove That 1 Tesla=10000 Gauss, 168 Sushi Ottawa Menu, Hang Power Clean, Plugin Vs Extension Vs Add-on, Viking Security Services, Coulomb Volts To Joules, Since U Been Gone Pitch Perfect, Vagabond Bridal, Adenosine Receptor A2a, National Pet Month 2021, Thermistor Function, Mat Franco Net Worth 2020, Grocery Delivery Middlesbrough, Dalton Utilities Outage Map, Bsnl Broadband, One Day It'll All Make Sense Meaning, Ed Bernard T Rowe Price, Celsius To Joules, Dr Wayne Riley Wiki, Willys Jeepster, Chinatown Amsterdam, Mongolian Gazelle, 4 Leaf Clover Seeds Uk, Rolls-royce Silver Ghost, We Are Back In Business Quotes, Is George Jung Alive, Db To Vrms, Shahmush Parsipur, Shakira Verified Fan,