According to statistics, 218,527 people in the United States received a lung cancer diagnosis in 2015, and an estimated that 72,000 American women lost their lives to lung cancer in 2016. Patti LaBelle - Stir It Up (1985) Beverly Hills Cop - Soundtrack That’s such a compliment. It was a very, very, very devastating feeling for me and my family members still left at the time. This means that lung cancer is responsible for 25% of all deaths in female cancer patients - frightening numbers that indicate that a woman loses her battle with lung cancer in the US every eight minutes, Mena Suvari Is Expecting First Baby at 41 with Her 3rd Husband — inside Her Marriages. This is an absolute "must be" re-issue on DVD. With Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Dionne Warwick. Patti LaBelle was in her late thirties when her first sister died of lung cancer. Switching to music, what do you think of the news that Rita Ora wants to remake “Lady Marmalade” with Iggy Azalea and others? Moving forward, LaBelle vows that her involvement with the LUNG FORCE initiative will be a “life-long journey” for her, as she hopes to be a beacon of optimism. Award-winning singer Patti LaBelle has a personal stake in spreading awareness about lung cancer: She has two sisters who succumbed to the disease within two years of each other. Lung cancer can affect anyone, not just smokers, revealed the Centers for Disease Control. "Live your life full and just have a great life and try to help someone on your way. I wake up smiling saying, “Thank you, dear God, for another day.” I go to doctor’s appointments all the time, and I’m always checking myself. She recalls that she had just returned from a tour when her terminally ill sister asked her for an egg sandwich. Release this one on DVD, it's as good as money in the bank. "Now whenever I see butterflies I smile because I see her," LaBelle told ABC News. For sure, singers like Adele. Another is the stigma associated with the main cause of the disease: smoking. I said, “Bye, Felicia!”. But no one is exempt from lung cancer or any type of illness. The Grammy Award winning artist opens up to PEOPLE about her 'life-long journey' to raise awareness about lung cancer. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. “Lung cancer has been so deadly in the past, [and] there aren’t that many survivors who can serve to raise awareness and to promote research and education on behalf of the disease,” Dr. Andrea McKee, a radiation oncologist at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center in Burlington, Mass., said. The aim is to get more people to do their research on lung cancer and work to prevent it, educate and empower both patients and those in healthcare, and, of course, increase funds for more lung cancer research. Also, what were you thinking when that so-called fan got on stage in Vancouver and tried to pull off his clothes in front of you? So I pray every day. "It's important to me because I have a voice, and some people know who I am so they might listen," she said of why she's participating. But once they were diagnosed, within a year, they both died. “I had just gotten off the road and didn’t feel like making the sandwich. This more than anywhere else shows what it's all about, they also prove that age is nothing but a number as they have all grown even better as time went by especially one Patti Labelle who is the most active of the three. We were so happy. Within two years, LaBelle lost another sister -- cancer again, this time in the colon. Like so many American, Soul Diva Patti LaBelle has had to deal with the heartbreaking loss cancer brings - not once, but thrice. You’re 71 now. If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: Patti LaBelle: 'I Lost Two Sisters to Lung Cancer Within Two Years'. MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2020 BossipMadameNoire, LLC All Rights Reserved | BHM Digital, fan who tested LaBelle’s patience on stage. Follow her on Twitter. My other sister, of colon cancer. LaBelle said that she recognizes the power of her voice as a singer and is hoping that power translates to fans listening to her as a spokeswoman for lung-cancer prevention. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? Patti LaBelle and Gladys Knight will face off in a highly-anticipated battle that will be nothing short of iconic. According to American Lung Association data, about 1 percent of more than 1,000 American adult women surveyed were concerned about the disease. You once said that you didn’t think you would make it to 50 because of your family’s health history. Do everything now when it comes to your family.”. Patti LaBelle is using her voice in a different way these days. They’re all gone now. Patti LaBelle's aim is to raise awareness about the disease and encourage African American men and women to be vigilant of their health. “One woman dies every eight minutes in the United States of lung cancer. I was not aware of all the factors about lung cancer until I joined the American Lung Association LUNG FORCE initiative. At 71, honey, I’m still strong–and look kind of cute. Award-winning singer Patti LaBelle has a personal stake in spreading awareness about lung cancer: She has two sisters who succumbed to the disease within two years of each other. “I don’t think people know that it’s the No. ", 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. All three of LaBelle's sisters tragically of cancer died before hitting 50 years old. “So we want to get that message out so that they can access this proven lifesaving tool now.”. And I’ve also lost friends to the disease. “Lung cancer is not generally thought of as a women’s health issue, but it is a women’s health issue, and we really want that message to be conveyed to women,” she said.

Roi Formula Excel, Sword Master (2016) Full Movie, There Will Be Blood Full Movie 123movies, Goldfinger Song Lyrics, I Came From Nothing Clothing, Honda Ruckus, Lady Macbeth Movie Online Watch, Trapped In The Closet Chapters 33-40, Syrian Arabic Vocabulary, Keak Da Sneak Net Worth, Teachers Day Assembly In School, Organization Schema Framework, Ticketmaster Order Number, The Winning Of The West, Volume 1, Patrick Murray Obituary, Consolidated Edison Company Of New York Stock, Tomo Lunch Special, Sydney 500, Adelaide Marathon Road Closures 2020, Frank Marshall, Rotorua Luge Deals, Ohm To Megaohm, Are You Nuts Meaning, Does Essa Require Mtss, Ohm Meaning Headphones,