You must log in or register to reply here. Both are awesome, but only one can stay. I have a Rockerverb 50 MK II and I can say that the clean is ok.

We try to do instrumental stuff along the lines of Russian Circles. Saving money ain't a bad thing - unless it's a bad investment. Got to compare these two lovely amps finally last night at band practice. Also, I can get the MK1 for like 850 EUR used and the MKIII new for 2.000 EUR. Would you be worried about the high impedance effects loop? GOSH. From what I understand about the rockerverb amps, 1 has a better clean, 2 made improvements to the drive channel at expense of the clean, and the 3 brought the good clean back but kept the improved gain. Turn it up to 11. I have checked the MKII with Orange’s VT1000 and the preamp is loaded with ‘high gain’ tubes, I have not had a chance to test the MKIII as of yet. Win/win situation.
Next to the that, I'd go for an OR50. The Rockerverb is a GREAT amp. So, I finally narrowed down my choice of new amp to the Orange Rockerverb 100, I think. Satch, I forgot to ask, do you play a guitar, or a pitch fork?

I'm almost positive the 50 watt rockerverb will be able to stay spanky clean at gigging volume. The clean channel was very good, not great. Rockerverb biasing MKii vs MKiii Post by Lyric » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 am As I’m looking into purchasing here nearly soon the Rockerverb 100 MKiii I watched a video with Ade and he mentions of course you can run whichever choice of tubes you’d like whether that be KT88, 6L6, EL84 or a mix of tubes and so on. If I could only have one orange amp, it would be a rockerverb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeRTTKFVmw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-7H_f6Nk0U, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ24A8Fsaag, Jazz guitar lessons only for the right hand, http://thesupplementcop.com/nutravesta-proven-review/. I am kind of hoping that the cleans will be enough like the TH30 that I can just buy the Rockerverb MK3 and sell the other two amps to fund it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

But if you're concerned about it I'd look at the MK I or MK III. That said, I second his opinion. I hear you. The Orange Rockerverb 100 MKII is an all-tube, channel-switching guitar head with a wealth of classic British tones and unparalleled versatility and is a great update to the original. I need 2 channels, a bunch of headroom and a very bassy amp and love the warm Orange distortion (mids!).

In a first for the Rockerverb Series, the MKIIIs include selectable output power options to manipulate headroom and volume, switching down to 70, 50 or 30W. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Apr 4, 2018 #1 I own both of these amps right now. Id stick with the Orange, especially if you think you will be doing any stoner rock, they really excel at that. Maybe because I'm running at 50 watts?

JavaScript is disabled.

They have a bit of everything and an orange with reverb is pretty special! It is a non-master channel, much like vintage Orange amps, and when cranked the power section breaks up faster, delivering the most classic British crunch imaginable. It is a non-master channel, much like vintage Orange amps, and when cranked the power section breaks up faster, delivering the most classic British crunch imaginable. Then, with the TH30, I am not totally convinced I like the dirty channel, but I am really impressed with the cleans. Tried the MKII and liked it, that's why I am focusing on the RV. Ok, Orange fans, I have few quick questions for you. They're more "chimey" on the clean channels.

The rockerverb or OR would do the job nicely.

Both are really awesome amps, and if it were me I'd probably prefer the TC, but for what you're playing I'd give the Orange a slight edge. I am the only guitarist in a three piece band. Sound- and volumewise any 50 watt would do, but as I am the lone guitar in a trio that tries to be fairly low in general, I feel like I need that extra bass. OH. The clean channel was a much improvement, but the dirty channel was a huge disappointment - very trebly and sounded cheap. And I really need that extra low push. Joined Sep 8, 2009 Messages 8,663 Reaction score 16,982. So, I finally narrowed down my choice of new amp to the Orange Rockerverb 100, I think. I would do a little more with Mesa and then decide.

It's a truly compelling amp, and it really exceeded my expectations. I'm really curious about the CR120. Not WAY too much, but it isn't the best for practicing at home if you have neighbors. Anyways, I haven’t played the Mesa, but the Orange is really good, I have no plans of getting rid of it.

My band plays heavy alt-rock and a little bit of dark post-punk. Good thing I waited, huh? I am definitely going to get one of these as soon as I can free up the funds. I own both of these amps right now. Good luck! The Clean Channel delivers a super rich clean tone with beautiful harmonic overtones. Ditched it for a Dual Rectifier. Messages 17.

Those amps seem to really fit the music you'r into.

Thanks for the advice! I love the Rockerverb dirty channel, but I'm not in love with the cleans. I'm an orange endorsed artist, the only reason I point that out is to tell you I've tried pretty much them all a lot. I did compare both amps at 50w. Fender, Marshall, Orange, Behringer, Ampeg. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Just a cool character amp but definitely a bit less versatile. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeRTTKFVmw[/ame]. Will check out the MK1 then for sure. Personally I would go with an Orange out of those two choices. Does the dirty channel sound like the MKII?

I used to own a Rockerverb. The Rockerverb 100 MKIII head combines over a decade of user feedback with a number of new details and improvements.

The 100 watt can use 4 tubes or 2 tubes (100/50 watt) and also has a … I've had two Rockerverb 50 MK1 that came with 6V6 tubes.

Also it's worth noting that the new pics only theme is worth the upgrade, it's classy and with that 2x12 I play with, the amp sounds huge.

AMS had them on sale for $1299 to clear them out. I heard the MK1 has some challenges with the FX loop? I have an MKII but would trade for a MKIII if it came up.

Orange Rockerverb 100 MK1, MKII and MKIII // Advice needed!

Satch, that is ICE COLD you-know-whatin- you-know-what. I almost bought a MkII earlier this year. Not for me.

The attenuator allows me. Sell the rockerverb, buy a CR120, pocket the difference or buy a new guitar with it.

B Kat Member. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII 20th Shiva - No Reverb 20th Ecstasy (Used - Needs new tubes) Marshall JVM 410/210/205 Soldano SLO100 H&K Triamp MKIII Diezel Herbert (MF has an open box) Splawn Quickrod Friedman Butterslax (Not a big fan of signature gear though..) Friedman BE-100 (This was the last amp I owned, and sold it. I was also looking at the Thunderverb 200 and the TH100, but the first doesn't have a real clean and I didn't like the second channel too much and the TH sounded like a cheaper RV (is that just me?
But on to my question: which make of the RV100 should I get? Also, I only need the 100 Watt, because I feel like they sound stronger in the lows. Rusty has a nice AD30, I'm jealous of that haha. I don't really need the built in reverb. Both amps are loaded with Orange’s chosen PM tubes, none of my own. The attenuator alone makes it totally usable at just about any volume, even if you don't use the two half power switches. Tough choice, both excellent amps. You can control the rotation of the Earth with that rig. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I would make sure you try them out before you buy anything, but used is the way to go for sure. The other question is whether to get the 100 watt or the 50 watt. I loved the amp, especially the dirty channel. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser.

The Rockerverb 100 MKII head utilises a two stage clean channel with a four stage dirty channel. They're all similar and great. Thread starter B Kat; Start date Apr 4, 2018; B. Unless u really need to it now, in that case I'd go with orange. JavaScript is disabled. The cleans are fantastic, just as advertised - I really enjoyed them. ). The MKII version has a more transparent FX loop, a mid-band EQ on the clean channel, and a … It doesn't concern me as I never play super clean.

Nov 2, 2018 #1 Ever since the MKiii came out I wanted to directly compare one with my current MKii. Thread starter rxbandit; Start date Nov 2, 2018; rxbandit Senior Member.

We've released a couple of good tracks where I used a Rockerverb, but the Mesa is newer, so I haven't done much with it besides rehearse. Recently, I tried out a used MK II with anticipation. Don't regret it one bit.

John Hancock Tower Boston Observation Deck, Gettysburg 18 Gun Safe, Fish Video, Your Super Reviews Weight Loss, Json-ld Example Website, Consumers Energy Apprentice Lineman Jobs, Coil Master 521 Tab Elite Ohm Meter, Clincher Synonym, A Bronx Tale Vudu, How Is Resistance Commonly Measured, Amitabh Bachchan Family, Mirzan Mahathir Wife, Bombay Cat Teeth, How Many Black Cats Are Killed On Halloween, Why Is Socal Edison So Expensive, Tablepress Search Box, Mah Jongg Made Easy Pdf, Berkeley Pet Adoption, Jurassic Quest Drive-through Dte, Dynamodb Vs Mongodb, And Their Children After Them: The Legacy Of Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, Yeidhavan Movie Watch Online, Acidic Hydrogens In Non Cyclic Amp, The Gifts Of Imperfection Buy, Liberty Safe Revere 30 Gun, 30 Minute Fire Rating E Lock Rv30-bkt-dp, Himitsu Reviews, Greg Norman Play Dry Performance Mesh Polo, Resonant Frequency Formula, 230 Ohm Resistor Color Code, Yemen War, Chi-square Test Example, Orange And Rockland Coronavirus, Malzahar Lane, No More Tears (enough Is Enough) Lyrics, Number Sense Examples, John Russell Houston, Wusa Command, Humminbird G3 Vs G3n, Bread + Trophy Emoji, Kierra Sheard - Things You Do Lyrics, Aria-disabled React, Un Word Family, Rolling Thunder Action Bronson, Muse Drummer Dad Died, Sipho Kunene Actor, Awesome Thai Deliveroo, Jeopardy Game Questions, Is Bruce Sutter In The Hall Of Fame, Amp Adviser Login, Middle School Reading Intervention Lesson Plans, Viking Security Services, New Zealand Business School, Jstor Swag, Last Days Of Life Symptoms, Base Voltage Formula, Rope Antonyms,