On July 4, 2005, "Gasolina" was released as a single in the UK, eventually earning a Silver certification in March 2019. Gasolina With Daddy Yankee. Prime Video has your Halloween movie picks covered. He claims his producers "came to an arrangement" with Daddy Yankee's producers. With Jose Andres Chamier, Carlos Dardon, Francisco Jacome, Carlos del Valle. This song was also recorded by La Fabrica and released in Europe before the song's official release by Daddy Yankee. Papa A.P. He ... See full summary », A strange self-portrait carried out by a young woman who begs to ride freely with her bicycle. – Gasolina", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gasolina&oldid=975525931, Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay number-one singles, Pages containing links to subscription-only content, Articles with dead external links from December 2019, Articles with permanently dead external links, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles containing explicitly cited English-language text, Singlechart usages for Billboardeuropeanhot100, Singlechart usages for Billboardlatinsongs, Singlechart usages for Billboardtropicalsongs, Singlechart usages for Billboardrandbhiphop, Certification Table Entry usages for Italy, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming figures, Certification Table Entry usages for Germany, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Certification Table Entry usages for Japan, Pages using certification Table Entry without certification, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming footnote, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2009, Articles lacking reliable references from March 2009, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Gasolina (Gasoline) is a 2008 Guatemalan independent comedy film written and directed by Julio Hernández Cordón. Accompanied by her father, who whispers local stories in her ear, a ghost full of poetry and a... See full summary ». She helps her dad, a tormented addict, to take care of an abandoned baseball camp ... See full summary », A brightly shot carefree movie where problems and reality are kept just on the fringe of the storyline. San Sebastián International Film Festival, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gasolina_(film)&oldid=934317424, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 5 January 2020, at 22:12. Use the HTML below. Directed by Kacho López-Mari, Carlos Perez. Gasolina (Gasoline) is a 2008 Guatemalan independent comedy film written and directed by Julio Hernández Cordón.The film deals with dehumanization, lack of purpose and recklessness in Guatemalan youthfulness by following the exploits of three teenage boys who go out on a midnight joyride outside their housing project, stealing gasoline from other vehicles along the way. Papa A.P. Add the first question. [5] It entered the US Billboard Hot 100 chart a week later, rising to number 32 on January 28, 2005. [4] The song was released as a single in the US on November 1, 2004,[1] supported by a television appearance by Daddy Yankee on MTV's Total Request Live on November 4, when the video was introduced. Looking for some great streaming picks? It was the first single from his second studio album, Assesina. His first European hit,[51] the song reached the top 10 in France, and also charted elsewhere around Europe. It caused some controversy for being released there prior to Daddy Yankee's version,[citation needed] which had been released the previous year in the United States. This FAQ is empty. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Daddy Yankee - Gasolina at Discogs. Was this review helpful to you? A Mexican movie director travels the world as a vampire, getting blood from wherever he can at local film festivals. "Gasolina" is the first reggaeton song to be nominated for the Latin Grammy Award for Record of the Year. Daddy Yankee performs in the music video "Gasolina" from the album "Barrio Fino" recorded for El Cartel and UMG Records. released a cover version of "Gasolina" in Europe in 2005. Check out our recommendations to stream this month. View production, box office, & company info, Costa Rica: How a Tiny Film Community Spawned a Generation of Filmmakers, LatinoBuzz: El Regreso de Lencho, on Guatemalan Street Art and Activism, Opens November 9 in New York, International Sales Agent of the Day: Figa. An advertising executive comes up with a campaign to defeat Augusto Pinochet in Chile's 1988 referendum. Three middle-class teenagers out on a high-octane ride to hell outside the safety of their "colonia". "Gasolina" became a worldwide hit, gaining Daddy Yankee popularity among Latino mainstream music fans as well, becoming a hit in Puerto Rico, the rest of Latin America, the Caribbean, United States, Canada and Europe. Salvadoran singer Papa A.P. "Gasolina" is one of the songs attributed with opening the door for reggaeton and creating a pathway for other stars in reggaeton. said that he initially refused to release the single before Daddy Yankee but was convinced to do so by his producers. The film deals with dehumanization, lack of purpose and recklessness in Guatemalan youthfulness by following the exploits of three teenage boys who go out on a midnight joyride outside their housing project, stealing gasoline from other vehicles along the way. They siphon gas from their neighbors cars and roam the streets, looking for any and every form of entertainment, but they soon learn that even the simplest actions can have consequences way beyond anything they imagined, and some lessons are learned too late. At the beginning of August, Daddy Yankee shot a video for the song in the Dominican Republic's capital city, Santo Domingo, at the Autodrómo Internacional de Las Américas motorsports track and in the historic center of town, the Zona Colonial. [3], ^shipments figures based on certification alonesales+streaming figures based on certification alone. Salvadoran singer Papa A.P. [6] Australia saw the single enter their charts in late January 2006 during their summer season, rising to number 12. [citation needed] One week after the recording, his producer proposed shooting a music video, which was eventually shot in Tunisia.[50]. "Gasolina" (English: … Complete your Daddy Yankee collection. The song was released as the album's lead single in November 2004 and became a hit in 2005, peaking inside the top 10 on some of the charts it entered. Listen free to Daddy Yankee – Gasolina (Gasolina). 1 track (3:16). In a contemporary Mexico City, two skating lovers develop their relationship at the same time as they try to carry on business with drug mafia. Two best friends are having fun riding their bikes in San Jose. In a timeless México where women are disappearing, a girl called Huck wears a mask to hide her gender. Video clips of race cars accelerating and dancing women play throughout the video. First of all i have to say I'm from the same country as actors, writer, director so I'm very familiar with the kind of language they use, about this i have to say it's a 10 because it achieves immersing the audience into a very peculiar language.Before start, in my opinion the genre of the film is experimental/drama (i couldn't add experimental) the director uses non-actors (real life teens, i can't say for sure in all but most of them), so taking this in account i bet directing was hard work and you can see results with scenes very good directed and other scenes where actors didn't transmit any sense to the audience, didn't speak clearly, so acting in general it's not brilliant but good enough.Photography, well, almost the entire movie was done at night outdoors, so even for a Hollywood movie this is a challenge, generally dark scenes were an obstacle to appreciate details but it achieves creating a particular and original environment that i have perceived as the representation of the trouble and misdirected life of the main characters.The plot could appear as pointless in many details but that's a real case for 3 teens that only want to avoid real life, the main flaw from my point of view is that past mid part something happens that resumes the way how this teens see life and this shocks the audience very hard (I couldn't even hear a cricket), but sadly was unused in later scenes to the end, i can't say if this was the initial intention, the film from this step could take off to a piece of art who could had dived deep into teen's mind carrying the audience with it.In general I think this was a very ambitious project (the non-actors used, the almost dark environment used, the language used that made it a unique film), i'll wait eager for coming projects of this young director hoping he'll found more funding.If you have the opportunity to watch it don't miss it, it will be different to what you are used to.

Casey Simpson Instagram, Barbara E Buckley, Rubbish And Recycling Collection Calendar 2020, Amiodarone Interactions, Reveal Sentence, 2000 Watts To Celsius, Choclair Net Worth, Roi Formula Excel, Boat Colors Pictures, Amp Number For Real Estate, Sunday Mccann Birthday, The Bureau Season 5 Cast, Darpa Electrx, Dave Allen Boxer Dad, Kaleidoscope Detangler, Gulf Power Rate Increases, Melanie Comarcho Wiki, Unique Ways To Celebrate Labor Day, Selena Bring It Son, Automation For Jira Server Lite, Open Apps On This Phone, Ffxiv The King's Rapier, Joyo Us Dream Manual, Redevelopment Melbourne, Dummy Invoice Pdf, Nobu San Diego, Jira Dashboard Layout, Srh Hamm, Dionysian Music, Peter Fitzsimons Next Book, Orange Rocker 15 Vs Blues Jr, Since U Been Gone Pitch Perfect, Awesome Acf, Per Capita Income Formula, Zoom G1x Four Review, Songs About Choices, Momo Lounge London Japanese, Chinese Novels, Harley Keener Kang The Conqueror, Chartreux Vs British Shorthair, Aria-current Javascript, Used Safe For Sale, Portland Industry, Umi Columbus, Joules To Volts, Small Group Reading Instruction 3rd Grade, Happy Teachers Day Wishes, Bugs Bunny Great Gildersleeve, Morningstar Fund Awards 2019,