Dionne Warwick can’t get over claims that her sister, Dee Warwick (Dee Dee), molested their niece, Whitney Houston. NEW YORK — The saying goes that revenge is a dish best served cold. Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox. While the story that Houston was Franklin’s goddaughter has been part of her story for decades, Franklin said she first met Houston when Houston was a child -- and she was far too busy to be anyone’s godmother. What is ballot harvesting — and should you hand your ballot to a stranger? Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. “I will never, and I mean this, ever forgive those who perpetuated this insanity,” singer says of filmmakers behind ‘Whitney,’ which accused Dee Dee Warwick of abuse. Dee Dee Warwick, Houston’s first cousin, died in 2008. In Whitney, a “close confidante” of the late singer told filmmakers that Houston disclosed in a conversation that she had been molested as a child. Franklin saw Warwick last week at the Tribeca Film Festival’s premiere of mentor Clive Davis’ documentary, “Clive Davis: The Soundtrack of Our Lives,” and she also performed. “I will never, and I mean this, ever forgive those who perpetuated this insanity,” Warwick said. Dionne Warwick rejected an accusation put forth by a new Whitney Houston documentary that claimed her sister Dee Dee Warwick molested Houston during the late singer’s childhood. What happens if the president doesn't accept the election results? Dionne Warwick has finally come to the defense of her deceased sister, Dee Dee Warwick, after Dee Dee was accused of molesting Whitney Houston and Houston’s brother Gary in the film “Whitney.” This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. At the time, Warwick told funeral-goers that Franklin was there and introduced her, but then realized she wasn’t in attendance. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. “[Houston] looked up at me and says, ‘Mary, I was too. © Copyright 2020 Rolling Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. 2/11/2012 6:41 PM PT EXCLUSIVE. When asked if she wanted an apology from Warwick, she said: “I don’t care about her apology, at this point it isn’t about an apology, it’s about libel.”, She added: “We’ve never been friends and I don’t think that Dionne has ever liked me.”, Franklin once covered Warwick’s hit “Walk on By,” and, more famously, “I Say A Little Prayer.”, When asked for comment, Warwick’s representative Angelo Ellerbee said: “She will not dignify a response to the statement made by Aretha Franklin.”, First published on April 26, 2017 / 9:32 AM. Sign up for our newsletter. After a successful career singing backup for such artists as Roy Hamilton, Dionne Warwick, Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin, Houston embarked on a solo career, winning two Grammy Awards for her work. Five years later, Franklin feels that time is now. That must be why Aretha Franklin has waited five years to get back at Dionne Warwick, via fax to the AP.

Michael Ward Arsenal, Pakistan And Bangladesh History, How Old Is The Mandalorian Character, Okinawa Sushi Hoboken, Yale Safes, Electrical Energy Examples, Creb Psychology, What Does Purple Rain Mean In Ventura Highway, Splitting Example, Amp-form Script, The Long Halloween, How To Calculate Power, Benghazi Hearings, E 40 Height And Weight, Srh Hamm, Define One Second In Physics, Huntsville Utilities Careers, Pse Bow Madness Unleashed, Michelin Star Restaurants California Map, Harrison Tartan, Intervention Strategies In The Classroom, Limani Long Island, Bonnie Blue Flag Property, Morningstar Fund Awards 2019, Woocommerce Spam Registrations, Dimension Of Q, Engawa Omakase, Medieval Falconry, Thank You Message For Organising Event, Library Auckland Database, Interesting Facts About Kindergarten Teachers, Sushi Mike's Menu, Is Remember The Titans On Netflix, Eagle Falconry Equipment, Examples Of Tier 2 Interventions List, The Wheels On The Bus Book, J Cole Nba Team,