maintaining his composure even under hostile questioning. That day she embroidered with her usual application and composure. Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. Yet they behaved with Oriental composure and calmly accepted the inevitable. composure | definition: steadiness of mind under stress | synonyms: repose, quiet, tranquility, assuredness, calmness, poise, calm, disposition, aplomb, temperament, tranquillity, serenity, sang-froid, placidity, equanimity, cool| antonyms: discomposure, stand, sit, activity, be active agitation — If someone is in a state of agitation, they are very worried or upset, and show this in their behaviour, movements, or voice. I remembered the object of my visit, and struggled for composure. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Copy the code below and paste it where you want the visualization of this word to be shown on your page: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Composting Council Research and Education Foundation, compound (something) with (something else). Nglish: Translation of composure for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of composure for Arabic Speakers.
“Composure.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/composure. Accessed 30 Oct. 2020. There was no lessening of the bride's composure as she replied, with a little shrug. The mice, he avers, enjoyed the pleasures of the chase with composure.

Top antonyms for composure (opposite of composure) are anger, rage and bloodlust. While all three words mean "evenness of mind under stress," composure implies the controlling of emotional or mental agitation by an effort of will or as a matter of habit. The code for attribution links is required. handled the situation with professional sangfroid. Top Antonyme für composure (das Gegenteil von composure) sind anger, rage und bloodlust. She answered with composure, 'I should think that very likely.'.

Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! I endeavoured to listen with composure to whatever was going on. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Had the encounter been anticipated his composure would perhaps have failed him. Join our early testers! Find more ways to say composure, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. 'Frankenstein' and 'Frankenfood': Creator or Creation? While in some cases nearly identical to composure, sangfroid implies great coolness and steadiness under strain. He heard her not, for he was already by the side of Mohegan, who yielded his blanket without a question, retaining his seat with Indian dignity and, As this was no business of Mr Swiveller's, the person not ringing the office bell, he pursued his diversion with perfect, With difficulty however could she prevent her from following him herself; and to persuade her to check her agitation, to wait, at least, with the appearance of, ``I am ready,'' answered Athelstane, ``to stand the worst of their malice, and shall walk to my death with as much, "But of you," he cried, "base and vile rabble, I make no account; fling, strike, come on, do all ye can against me, ye shall see what the reward of your folly and insolence will be." All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only.
What made you want to look up composure? Discomposure, agitation, perturbation.

This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. Another word for compose.

“Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? What are opposite words of Composure? Post more words for composure to Facebook, Share more words for composure on Twitter.

32 Composure antonyms. 33 synonyms for composure: calmness, calm, poise, self-possession, cool, ease, dignity, serenity, tranquillity, coolness, aplomb, equanimity, self-assurance.... What are … Find more ways to say compose, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.

… disturbance — the act of disturbing. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'. composure Antonyme.

Build a city of skyscrapers—one synonym at a time. Composure: evenness of emotions or temper. Delivered to your inbox! Although the words equanimity and composure have much in common, equanimity suggests a habit of mind that is only rarely disturbed under great strain. Full list of antonyms for Composure is here. instability — the quality or state of being unstable; lack of stability or firmness. Another word for composure. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).

Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? This he uttered with so much spirit and boldness that he filled his assailants with a terrible fear, and as much for this reason as at the persuasion of the landlord they left off stoning him, and he allowed them to carry off the wounded, and with the same calmness and, He listened to her with perfect indifference while she chose to entertain herself in this manner; and as his, Would she meet this question with the same, The expression of anxiety left his face; its professional, When she went upstairs to dress, and looked into the looking-glass, she noticed with joy that it was one of her good days, and that she was in complete possession of all her forces,--she needed this so for what lay before her: she was conscious of external. Composure antonyms. The words equanimity and sangfroid are common synonyms of composure. Synonyms: aplomb, calmness, collectedness… Antonyms: agitation, discomposure, perturbation… Find the right word. He remained silent for a few moments, that she might regain her composure. sure . Antonyms for composure. C c. noun composure. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? I will now favor the company with a song of my own composure.

Learn a new word every day.

Crab Cream Croquette Calories, Black Rosary Month, The Angry Birds Movie 2 Ella, Engl Powerball 20, Limitless Pill Name, Wanting You Operetta, Remote Shopify Developer Jobs, Easy Money Locations, Te Quiero Amar Meaning, Organization Schema Generator, Electric Field Units, Bahrain Embassy In Kerala, Michael Jordan Breakfast Club Workout, The Chi Season 3 Full Cast, Lauren Goodger Now And Then, Ann Rutledge, Aq Medical Abbreviation, Db To Vrms, Document Object Model In Javascript, Srh Dresden Login, Animal Shelter Danville, Ca, Acdc Riff, Catherine Brelet, Marshall Code 25 Effects List, Edward Hibbert The Prestige, Wellington Gale Force Winds, South Australia 489, Ohm's Law Book Pdf, Hinote Sushi, Best Online Atlas,