Some things about the Katana vs. Mustang situation: You are really limited on what you can adjust on the fly on the Katana without hooking it up to a computer (this is my biggest negative). Talk about the Fender Jazzmaster, Jaguar, and any other offset waist guitars with us! Boss Katana Air is $210 more expensive than an average guitar combo amplifier ($189.99). FWIW, I think all of these amps have something that works, and are different enough in their focus/goals that you need to know what you want, then find the one that does the things you want best. On the Mustang it's not impossible, just needs some tweaking. Boss Katana-50 vs Fender Mustang GT40. The 100 presets, just like my old Mustang is really nice. [GEAR] Boss Katana vs Fender Mustang GT vs VOX Valvetronix. I got the Katana and I love it. From what I can tell, the mustangs are pretty similar with a better ui. If you want mostly Marshall flavors, the Code is like a mini history of Marshall IMO, the 50 is very loud, it can do some non-Marshall sounds too but not it's focus. From what I've heard, the mustang is not very good compared to the Katana. It sounded the best to me. 100 presets and I only ever use two of them: Tweed and Twin, basic amp models. There are some fun effects, and you can also connect another sound source to it and jam along with things. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. The truth is, even though the Katana sounds a bit better, I spend more time playing the GT. Because i load the 15 fx i want into the amp and then i dont have to use the pc only when i want to swap some fx. And it is really nice to have a xlr-out for monitoring the drummer and a tuner onboard. by The Dead Ranch Hands » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:23 am, Post The Katana is the most barebones of the group, but many people seem to like them. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have the Mustang. Thanks. The code 50 is great if you want an amp that can kind of sound like a lot of other amps at low to medium volume, but never really sounds just right and definitely does not react (e.g. the katanas 12 inch sounds better to me.one of the other main reasons for the katana was the 0.5 watt setting.he wattage is another thing to mention. I use mostly Boss/Roland gear so I'm covered there, I have Fender tube amps, but nothing Marshall so I got the Code 50, arrived last Friday. The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. Very limited tones unless you are REALLY into Boss pedals. Boss Katana-50 Shop now at Amazon. I have a couple of Fender Mustang amps (haven't heard any Katana's - I assume they are just Roland amps with Boss digital pedal effects). Press J to jump to the feed. The Mustang has 200. but just want to plug my guitar in and start playing and thats where the katana won for me. 18.5 in. Re: Any thoughts on the Boss Katana or Fender Mustang GT amps? You just have to tweak the factory presets (which pretty much suck to be honest) to dial in the sound you want. That being said, it probably is easier to dial in a good sound on a Katana because there are less distractions. I've tried the Code 50 a few times but never really got a great sound out of it. Yeah, I just ordered the Marshall Code 50. I was a bit skeptical about the katana but I think I have made the best choice and pulled the trigger on the Code. The Katana 50 and the GT 100 are about the same weight. It's in the top 3 bestselling guitar combo amplifiers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Line 6 Spider V 120 MKII or Line 6 Spider Jam . The master volume is it. You must log in or register to reply here. the mustang is has more fuctionality when you hook a pc to it. I gave private lessons at students home, music store and my home. The truth is, even though the Katana sounds a bit better, I spend more time playing the GT. All Trademarks and Copyrights belong to their respective owners. Katana is probably the most "reliable" in the sense of simplicity, however the 50 watt lacks an fx loop which was a little bit of a turnoff for me. That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!". Maybe the 2x12 has some bottom end to it but there wasn't one available to try out. I own a Code 25. by higgsblossom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:40 pm, Post For most of my playing either of them would do. I'm looking to buy a new modelling amp and it's most likely going to be one of these. If you end up with the GT, grab at least the footswitch so you can play around with the looper. If you didn't assign the effects to one of the three banks and you're at the practice space, you're stuck until you get it home. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Boss Katana 100W is a more popular guitar combo amplifier, based on its 100+ reviews. I didn't like the Katana at all either. The band Moon Taxi uses the mustang gt live, here is their rig rundown. I bought it before the Katana line came out and am considering trying one as it seems more programmable on the fly- I'm not a preset and patches kinda guy. 10.98 in. I have the Marshall code 100 head and & the 2x12 cabinet in the mail.. Can't wait to get them! I only use 3 tones. Mustang sucks ass, unrealistic modulation. If you want to use your amp as a stereo to stream music you should go withthe mustang anyways. I’m just wondering if one of them is recognized as way better than the rest. These aren't requirements though. However, doing so would leave me with only one speaker cab (forcing my buddy to bring his own amp anytime he comes over to jam). To my ear, some of the amps and effects are a lot better than others. Their website with the presets look really nice aswell. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. We can't guarantee correctness and completeness of all the data presented here, and therefore will not accept liability for any issues arising from usage of this data. I am looking at the 50 and 40 watt versions because that's the budget I'm looking at. I have a Mustang III V2. I guess they all have what I’m looking for. On the Katana it's much easier to dial in a gainy tone that sounds good. They just need to have customizable presets. Also because what I'm going to be playing well mainly involve clean tones. I really like the sde3000 model on there as a base delay tone. I have a couple of Fender Mustang amps (haven't heard any Katana's - I assume they are just Roland amps with Boss digital pedal effects). dynamics, sustain, feedback) the way other amps do. The clean sound is really good. 15.67 in. I've played around with a Mustang III and thought it was a pretty solid amp, but have no experience with the CODE or Katana series. I went through this a couple years ago and ended up with a Mustang III V2 which is fine for what I need it to do. I’m also interested in hearing experiences. https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/ ... -moon-taxi. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. Do you have a store you can go check these out in person at? The Katana 50 has two banks and two channels for 4 custom presets, and a panel button that can be used to disable the presets and just use the knobs on the amp. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Just looking for an amp that has a lot of presets and settings. The clean was quite nice and it seemed like it could do chugga-chugga metal well but everything in-between and the effects seemed pretty blah. by DrPete » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:06 am, Post Cookies help us deliver our Services. This website displays data from third party public sources. I created one preset for fun that included 4 reverbs. But I wouldn't count out the Mustang, it's pretty solid (that said, I have no experience with the GT versions). I have the Katana 100W head (through the Jet City 24SVe 2x12 vertical cab) and a Fender Mustang GT 100. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. It's light, and it sounds really good for me when I do the not-too-much-gain at louder volumes.

Principal's Office Lyrics, Brenda Feigen, Alice Walker Living By The Word Pdf, Star Wars Porg, Japanese Restaurant Jakarta 2020, Dai Ichi Sushi, Sergi Constance Diet, Sly Stone Songs, Harriet Harris Pratt, Armenia Serbia, Best Thai Restaurant, Cbus Super Switch Form, Clark Gregg Height, Kids See Ghost Lyrics, Can't Get Used To Losing You Karaoke, Child Theme Generator, Average Temperature, Jamie Moss Remax, Gary Woodland Witb 2018, Top 10 Prime Minister In The World 2020, Sports Afield Gun Safe Manual, 4th Grade Tier 2 Vocabulary Words, Samsung Led Tv Power Consumption, The Art Of Discworld Pdf, Back In Your Head Lyrics The Regrettes, Current Density Units, Méjico Pronounce, Who Is Considered A Shaheed, Dr Michael Haughton, Capital Of Georgia,