Aaaaargh! The symbols also have nonce names in the Unicode standard. In Czech, it is called "zavinac" which means a rolled pickled herring. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro which I ordered with a Hiragana keyboard. It is derived from the latin preposition "ad" (at). Diacritics are alternately named after their function: The bridge is also called the dental sign, the under-stroke the syllabicity sign, etc. Ham radio operators use that to distinguish the zero from a cap. . Some years ago I coined the word "epinota" as a name for the @ sign, from the Greek epi (at) and the Latin nota (sign). Vowels beside dots are: unrounded • rounded, Letters with extra lines, curls and serifs, The Latin phi; the old-style or Greek phi (φ) is used in linguistics to mark prosodic units (. Unicode: U+0221EHTML entity: ∞ – HTML code: ∞ Unicode: U+0203DHTML code: ‽Also called the bang or interabang and represented by ? My favourite from the foreign versions is the Czech one meaning a rolled pickled herring. Maybe someone was twirling their pen in circles whilst thinking what to write! The keyboard has a ¥ key, and it creates the ¥ glyph in other fonts. These punctuation marks are used for quotations in a number of languages. of two symbols put around a word, phrase, or sentence in a piece of writing to show that what is between them should be considered as separate from the main part. Technically these character shapes are called glyphs. . It is derived from the Latin preposition "ad" (at). Question mark11. The ¥ glyph is within Geneva, and I have a sample of it which I can paste into text. In US it's usage is archaic, means or meant "at" used in sales notation to speed up a notation that refer to pricing example 3 @ 2 for $1. Learn how and when to remove this template message, Voiceless bilabially post-trilled dental stop, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Naming_conventions_of_the_International_Phonetic_Alphabet&oldid=965012387, Articles lacking in-text citations from April 2009, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. If someone asks you where you will be available or where you live, would you say, 'I live AT xyz'; or 'I live A WITH ELEPHANT'S TRUNK (or whatever is suggested above) xyz'? Unicode: U+000A6HTML entity: ¦ – HTML code: ¦ PC keystroke: ALT+0166, Unicode: U+02022HTML entity: • – HTML code: • PC keystroke: ALT+0149, Unicode: U+0005E – ASCII: 94HTML entity: ^ – HTML code: ^Also called the hat, roof or house sign.Used in mathematics to represent an exponent, such as a square or cube (e.g. Does anyone know the technical term for these symbols? Unicode: U+000A2HTML entity: ¢ – HTML code: ¢Used in many currencies, sometimes with a vertical line or no linePC keystroke: ALT+0162, Unicode: U+02713HTML entity: ✓ – HTML code: ✓There is also a bold or heavy checkmark ✔ (HTML code: ✔), Unicode: U+0003A – ASCII: 58HTML entity: : – HTML code: :Punctuation mark that often precedes an explanation or a list, Unicode: U+0002C – ASCII: 44HTML entity: , – HTML code: ,Punctuation mark that is among others used to separate parts of a sentence or list, Unicode: U+000A9HTML entity: © – HTML code: ©Symbol used in copyright noticesPC keystroke: ALT+0169 – Mac keystroke: OPTION+g, Left Curly BracketUnicode: U+0007B – ASCII: 123HTML entity: { – HTML code: {Also called the left brace, Right Curly BracketUnicode: U+0007D – ASCII: 125HTML entity: } – HTML code: }Also called the right brace, Unicode: U+000A4HTML entity: ¤ – HTML code: ¤Shorthand for a currency’s name, especially in reference to amounts of moneyPC keystroke: ALT+0164, DaggerUnicode: U+02020HTML entity: † – HTML code: †Typographical symbol to indicate a footnote (as an alternative to using asterisks)PC keystroke: ALT+0134 – Mac keystroke: OPTION+T, Double daggerUnicode: U+02021HTML entity: ‡ – HTML code: ‡PC keystroke: ALT+0135, Unicode: U+000B0HTML entity: ° – HTML code: °PC keystroke: ALT+0176 – Mac keystroke: SHIFT+OPTION+8, Unicode: U+000A8HTML entity: ¨Diacritic (glyph added to other characters as an accent, e.g.

Marshall Studio Classic Sc20h, Baku Baku Animal, Aggregate Expenditure Model, How To Trade In Survivor Roblox, How To Pronounce Introspect, Inflatable Raft With Motor, China Russia Border Dispute, Northern Territory National Animal, The Most Abundant High-energy Compound In Cells Is, Military Zodiac Boats, Kym Karath Height, Macro Social Work Skills In Generalist Practice, Ribbit Capital Careers, Screaming Frog Custom Search, Sage Brocklebank Net Worth, Armenia And Romania Flag, Greg Norman Clothing Outlets, Turkey Azerbaijan Map, Best Day To Book International Flights, About Adam Trailer, The Ritual Parents Guide, Wellington New Zealand Map, Dieudonné Quenelle, Nested Amp Accordion, Kaleidoscope Miracle Drops Extra Strength, International Labour Day Quotes, Adidas Logo Png, Saajan Movie Online, Mike Mokoena Biography, Limani Long Island, Karloff Lugosi Films, Funny Vampire Names, Bay Of Blood Arrow Vs Kino, The Servant Pdf, What Happened To Lauren Goodger, Most Successful Shopify Stores, Arizona Green Tea Arnold Palmer, Logitech Harmony Hub, Estars Southernco, Aria-hidden Safari, Growing Layer Cake Strain, Pane, Amore E Fantasia, Michael Jordan Boats, Marshall Origin 50h Dimensions, Cymric Cat Price, Johnny Venus Net Worth, My Spy Full Movie Online Dailymotion, Electrical Energy Formula Kwh, Blackstar Fly 3 Price, Larry Ellison Quotes, Relative Price Of Capital, When Johnny Comes Marching Home Traditional, Sydney Supersprint 2020, Orange Terror Stamp, The Diplomats Diplomatic Immunity Zip, Karma Quotes On Love, Dog Rescue Groups San Francisco Bay Area, How To Pronounce Column, Deoxyribonucleoside Triphosphate Structure, Create Gmail, Honda Ruckus, Fish Philosophy Criticism, The Week Of Sequel, Ono Sushi Fish, Billy Corben Email, Secrets Akumal Tripadvisor, Salamina Mosese Baby, Umi Sushi Bento Box, Doc Antle Wives Names, Old Prodigy Reborn, Hang Power Clean, 10 Minutes Gone Plot, Maki Roll Vs Hand Roll, Nike Baby Schoenen, Gain Formula Op-amp, Motor Full Load Current Calculation,